Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
You boot using Unibeast USB. Install kext via Multibeast.
Thanks Rehabman! I am disappointed with 10.9.4. Recovering from sleep is taking about a minute, the screen is flickering at times, its somewhat laggy, and boot up is long. Any ideas on what this could be? I learned my lesson if it aint broke don't fix it. Thanks!

Seems like the screen flickering is isolated to safari.

Try sleep without USB WiFi plugged in.

You also have an issue with graphics. AppleIntelHD4000* is not loading.

What is 'com_ni_driver_nipalk'

Maybe it is time to try a fresh install.

I have no idea what come_ni_driver_nipalk is. I dont really want to do a reinstall since I have been using this comp as my main. Will i loose all my info and installed programs?

I have no idea what come_ni_driver_nipalk is. I dont really want to do a reinstall since I have been using this comp as my main. Will i loose all my info and installed programs?

I've never seen it before so you might want to figure out what it is...

I am super confused about what to transfer now that I have successfully patched. When I try to find my applehda kext I find three of them. Please help!

It has been a while since you have asked the question, did you got it figured out?
In case, you are still wondering, you should really be looking at 2 AppleHDA assuming our S3 uses the same audio code

[1]System>Library>Extensions>AppleHDA.kext (the one untouched after update/fresh install)
[2] the AppleHDA in Crunchies' Zip package

Patch AppleHDA[1].
then right click AppleHDA[2]>show package content>Content>Resources>. Copy Platforms.xml.zlib and layout69.xml.zlib and past these two files to AppleHDA[1]>show package content>Content>Resources>.
After that right click AppleHDA[2]>show package content>Content>PlugIns>AppleHDAHardwareConfigDri ver.kext>Content>info.plist, open it up with text editor.
Then copy the lines from the HDAConfigDefault section of
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>HDAConfigDefault</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>Codec</key>
			<string>Realtek ALC269 for Acer S3-391</string>
			<key>CodecID</key>
			<integer>283902569</integer>
			<key>ConfigData</key>
			<data>ASccIAEnHQEBJx6gAScfkAFHHBABRx0BAUceEwFHH5kBdxzwAXcdAAF3HgABdx9AAYcc8AGHHQABhx4AAYcfQAGXHPABlx0AAZceAAGXH0ABpxzwAacdAAGnHgABpx9AAbcc8AG3HQABtx4AAbcfQAHXHPAB1x0AAdceAAHXH0AB5xzwAecdAAHnHgAB5x9AAhccMAIXHUACFx4hAhcfAQ==</data>
			<key>FuncGroup</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
			<key>LayoutID</key>
			<integer>69</integer>
		</dict>
	</array>
</dict>
</plist>
and past them to AppleHDA[1]>show package content>Content>PlugIns>AppleHDAHardwareConfigDri ver.kext>Content>info.plist with text editor in the same position where you copy it from.
Save, Repair permission, and make sure you add layout ID 69 in your DSDT.

I've never seen it before so you might want to figure out what it is...
Ok thanks I will do a reinstall... Would you recommend I keep it at 10.9.4 or go down to 10.9.3?

Since my system was so screwed up from the update I decided to listen to those more knowledgable on hackintosh than me and did a reinstall. I took this opportunity to swap out my hdd for an ssd. I thought the install was going to be similar, if not identical to my previous 10.9.3. with the addition of trim but i was mistaken. I used my old 10.9.3 unibeast usb and installed on to my ssd. After installing Chimera, FakeSMC, GenericUSB3, Patched AppleCPUPowerManagement, Trim as recommended in the guide I successfully booted up with flag IGPlatformID=01660003 USBLegacyOFF=Yes and dart=0. Next I installedBattery % [Patched ACPIBatteryManager] Audio [AppleHDA, AppleIntelFramebufferCapri], Elantouchpad [ ApplePS3Controller, ApplePS2ElanTouch]. After this everything went downhill. I kept getting Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport on every boot. I decided to go through the kexts one by one until I found the offending ones. It seems like with Elan Touchpad and Audio Kexts I get the Missing Bluetooth Controller and then nothing loads. If I delete them and just keep battery % I still get the Missing Bluetooth Controller, but it boots into the os directly afterwards. With all my boots i am using IGPlatformID=01660003 USBLegacyOFF=Yes and dart=0. Please help me fix this! I did not make a DSDT yet but I have a working SSDT boot.plist and smbios. Atached is my IOREG and the verbose screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20140725_194312887_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140725_194312887_HDR.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Ioreg 7-25.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back