Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer S3-391 Ivy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.. just use the alternate. You will see it in the code. Comment out the _PRW that uses GPRW and uncomment the one that directly returns the package.

eg.
Code:
            //Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) { Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04)) }
            // alternate for above
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) { Return (Package() { 0x0D, 0x04 }) }

I'm guessing (because I'm finding some things here with my new Probook 4x40s) that you will not need to apply the 6-series patch after the 7-series multiplex, so try both ways.

Ah sorry, didn't see that part to comment out!

I've commented it out as shown above and it compiled without error. Rebooted, entered sleep on AC power and it stayed asleep!

Will test for longer and see what happens! Many thanks again Rehabman!

Ah sorry, didn't see that part to comment out!

I've commented it out as shown above and it compiled without error. Rebooted, entered sleep on AC power and it stayed asleep!

Will test for longer and see what happens! Many thanks again Rehabman!

Note that using the USB3 multiplex patch, you should not be using GenericXHCI.kext. It is designed to use stock AppleUSBXHCI instead.

Note that using the USB3 multiplex patch, you should not be using GenericXHCI.kext. It is designed to use stock AppleUSBXHCI instead.

Ah ok, i still have GenericXHCI installed at the moment. Currently with GenericXHCI.kext I have to boot with -gux_defer_usb2 else it always wakes instantly from sleep (even on battery power)

AppleUSBXHCI won't support that boot flag so might break sleep again ironically?!

Ah ok, i still have GenericXHCI installed at the moment. Currently with GenericXHCI.kext I have to boot with -gux_defer_usb2 else it always wakes instantly from sleep (even on battery power)

AppleUSBXHCI won't support that boot flag so might break sleep again ironically?!

Maybe not. Try it...

You are on the right path, you just didn't install the PS2 driver therefore your keyboard and trackpad didn't work.
Boot from Unibeast again, and install ElanTouchpad driver 2.8.3 (included in Crunchie's package) with Kext Utility or KextBeast

Then your keyboard and trackpad should work

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but how do I run KextBeast (or otherwise install a kext) from Unibeast?

Edit: Never mind, figured it out! (I just used Terminal from the installer.) I officially have keyboard/mouse now!

Maybe not. Try it...

Good news! removed GenericUSBXHCI kext and USB3 is working with AppleUSBXHCI and so is sleep/wake on battery and AC power!

Thanks for the help. Time to update the guide!

Good news! removed GenericUSBXHCI kext and USB3 is working with AppleUSBXHCI and so is sleep/wake on battery and AC power!

Thanks for the help. Time to update the guide!

Hey, glad it helped...

======================
Laptop : Acer s3-391-53314g12add With V1.x bios ( V2.x models have a totally different EFI Bios)

=========
smbios.plist
=========
I have best luck with an smbios profile for a MacBookAir5,2

So I don't seem to have MacBookAir as an option in Multibeast, just MacbookPro, iMac, MacMini, and MacPro. Should I edit the smbios.plist manually? Also, not sure if it's worth it, and not sure if it's related, but my fan is on all the time. Is that normal?

So I don't seem to have MacBookAir as an option in Multibeast, just MacbookPro, iMac, MacMini, and MacPro. Should I edit the smbios.plist manually? Also, not sure if it's worth it, and not sure if it's related, but my fan is on all the time. Is that normal?

inside Crunchie's Package, under the Extra Folder\
there should be a smbios.plist, thats the Macbook Air definition, as well there should be a SSDT.aml. Copy both to your Extra\
With the Patched AppleIntelPowerManagment from Multibeast and a proper SSDT.aml(Crunchie's SSDT is for 3317U), your CPU throttling should work hence lower fan speed

inside Crunchie's Package, under the Extra Folder\
there should be a smbios.plist, thats the Macbook Air definition, as well there should be a SSDT.aml. Copy both to your Extra\
With the Patched AppleIntelPowerManagment from Multibeast and a proper SSDT.aml(Crunchie's SSDT is for 3317U), your CPU throttling should work hence lower fan speed

Actually I've left my smbios out of the package because it has a unique serial number which was required to get iMessage /iCloud working on mountain lion.

Not sure if it's still needed though? I think I used a smbios generator app, will need to dig it out and update the guide.

I think I used chameleon wizard. It let me generate a correct serial for a MacBook Air (based on date of production)

EDIT:
Ok it seems things have changed and to get iMessage working you just put the module FileNVRAM in /Extra/Modules.

updating the guide and files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back