Contribute
Register

[GUIDE 5330m] Almost Fully Working Mountain Lion 10.8 (ML) on HP ProBook 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back with my linux extracted DSDT...

believe it or not, it took me 6 hours... and a lot of waiting at the only spot here with decent internet...

however i wasnt able to do the "decompile" thing, since when i was on ubuntu, i had no internet. i hope this is not a problem...

to give a few more hints:

i managed to upgrade to ML, long story short, my disk was not partitioned as GPT, now it is, and i managed to upgrade. but i have the very same problem, i have to boot with DSDT=no, or it will not boot.

also (and probably because of the DSDT thing) i have no audio, and probably no sleep, etc, but wifi dongle is working nice now. (misterious thing). Graphics looks good though.

AtomeX thanks a lot for the help.

EDIT: The DSDT is extracted with no PCIe cards plugged in. I don't remember now if the usb wifi was connected....

Hi Emaf,

I done it make a test and post the result, I think it will work.
Regards.

Attachments

• PatchedDSDTEMaf.aml.zip
    48.9 KB · Views: 129
first things first. thanks!!

but its not working :(

attached is the screenshot errror

helppppp?

Attachments

• IMG_20120820_212122.jpg
    IMG_20120820_212122.jpg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 233
first things first. thanks!!

but its not working :(

attached is the screenshot errror

helppppp?

You need to patch the APCIplatform..kext

sorry, im a bit lost, i think i've already done the "sudo -s" and drag the script thing (twice) inside the script there is no AppleACPI but IOAHCIStorage....

maybe i did something wrong?

i've compiled my own SSDT using revogirl script, (it looked so easy that i gave a try) still the same problem. (HWmonitor shows correct speeds)

dont think so, i have SB CPU + SB northbridge, i dont need that patch. (not that im 100% sure, but it looks thats not my case)

anyway thanks a lot for the time to reply

Yeah, guess not. Hard to keep all the ProBook models straight...

well, 3 more hours and did not manage to make any improvements... i need someone with better knowledge :(

any help appreciated. today is time to go sleep

Hi Emaf,

Try my SSDT (I5 2520) and this bootloader plist.
If it's not work I will change some things in the DSDT.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back