Contribute
Register

[GUIDE 5330m] Almost Fully Working Mountain Lion 10.8 (ML) on HP ProBook 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, I formatted my hdd as said in RehabMan's guide (with GPT partition) and now sleep/wake mode is working properly. I had few problems: 1. Chimera didn't want to boot OS selection screen (solved by manual adding boot1h) 2. "still waiting for root device" solved by TotallyFixStillWating.kext (may be there is better solution?).
And my SD card reader still doesn't work, I tried AtomeX's, ProBook installer's, ApplePCIIDE and MultiBeast's kexts - they didn't help. But in one of my attempts card reader become available - but I didn't remember combination.
PS Card reader is working with official drivers (see attached file). Hooray!

Attachments

• JMB38X_MacDrv_R1.5.0_release.dmg.zip
    805.7 KB · Views: 147
Finally, I formatted my hdd as said in RehabMan's guide (with GPT partition) and now sleep/wake mode is working properly. I had few problems: 1. Chimera didn't want to boot OS selection screen (solved by manual adding boot1h)

Yes, covered in the guide (4k/AF disk).

2. "still waiting for root device" solved by TotallyFixStillWating.kext (may be there is better solution?).

Also covered in the guide (AHCI patch in Probook installer).

And my SD card reader still doesn't work, I tried AtomeX's, ProBook installer's, ApplePCIIDE and MultiBeast's kexts - they didn't help. But in one of my attempts card reader become available - but I didn't remember combination.
PS Card reader is working with official drivers (see attached file). Hooray!

I think the drivers in the Probook Installer v6 came from the Jmicron site, but maybe there are newer ones on Jmicron?

Can you reupload the kexts again?

ive installed everything, but the resolution isn't for pro book 5330m.
also the sound and brightness doesn't work. and just wondering if double tap on touchpad would work?

Try using PBI with option for 6x60b/8x60p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back