Contribute
Register

[GUIDE 5330m] Almost Fully Working Mountain Lion 10.8 (ML) on HP ProBook 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone here managed to UPGRADE from Lion to Mountain Lion?

¿Any tips?

Okay, here ma first Feedback...

I have many Porblems with my 5330m :(

1.) Install Works with parameters
2.) First boot with parameters, too

But now the Problems:

1.) boot0 error after installatin chimera (fixed with the workarround)
2.) when boot without any additional parameters after you tutorial i get an KernPanic (P-State Stepper Error 18 ...)

:(((

I cannot really boot into a nice working ML with my 5330

Okay, here ma first Feedback...

I have many Porblems with my 5330m :(

1.) Install Works with parameters
2.) First boot with parameters, too

But now the Problems:

1.) boot0 error after installatin chimera (fixed with the workarround)
2.) when boot without any additional parameters after you tutorial i get an KernPanic (P-State Stepper Error 18 ...)

:(((

I cannot really boot into a nice working ML with my 5330
You might consider using the ProBook installer (v4 or v5) to install just the SSDT appropriate for your CPU as it sounds as if you might have the wrong one installed in /Extra/ssdt.aml. You don't mention what CPU your 5330 has, but if it is Intel Sandy Bridge, then you should find an SSDT for your CPU in the installer.

You might consider using the ProBook installer (v4 or v5) to install just the SSDT appropriate for your CPU as it sounds as if you might have the wrong one installed in /Extra/ssdt.aml. You don't mention what CPU your 5330 has, but if it is Intel Sandy Bridge, then you should find an SSDT for your CPU in the installer.

It's totally true, just put the SSDT for your processor and it will work.

anyone here managed to UPGRADE from Lion to Mountain Lion?

¿Any tips?

Yes, I have upgraded my lion to ML without issue in the normal way like you install a fresh version.
Regards.

Hi lilryu,

Have you test the DSDT that I have done for you ??

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...m-hangs-appleintele1000e-kext.html#post402139

Regards.

Oops, I stopped looking at the old thread! The DSDT I created works great right now but I will definitely try your DSDT (hopefully the functions keys for brightness will work) :) Thanks!

Update: The function keys work!!! wow! thanks!. Can you link me to how you did the edits and which edits you applied to the dsdt? I would love to learn.

Oops, I stopped looking at the old thread! The DSDT I created works great right now but I will definitely try your DSDT (hopefully the functions keys for brightness will work) :) Thanks!

Update: The function keys work!!! wow! thanks!. Can you link me to how you did the edits and which edits you applied to the dsdt? I would love to learn.

Hi Lilryu,

I just compare your linux dump with mine in Textwrangler and then I insert 4 or 5 occurence in the patched DSDT.

That's all.

All the best.

thanks for the help, iam trying to reinstall from scratch now :D

Does not work.. with dsdt: hang at IOAPIC, without -> KernelPanic (AppleINtelCPUPowermanagement... i tested the ssdt from hp tool)

iam an idiot..

i have an i5 2520 (but an i3 graphic on the laptop o_O)

DSDT is NOT working for me (same problem) but boots without dsdt :D

Okay, some infos:

DSDT not working
No network without -x -f UseKerneLCache=no :( --> working with multibeast intel network driver <3

Does not work.. with dsdt: hang at IOAPIC, without -> KernelPanic (AppleINtelCPUPowermanagement... i tested the ssdt from hp tool)

iam an idiot..

Okay, some infos:

DSDT not working
No network without -x -f UseKerneLCache=no :( --> working with multibeast intel network driver <3

DSDTs are very specific. You have a different model 5330m therefore you will need a different DSDT and SSDT.

iam an idiot..

Okay, some infos:

DSDT not working

Hi B0r0n3r,

Simply go to this post and DL the extra folder inside you have my DSDT and SSDT for 5330m with I5 2520 processor.

And use the kext from Lilryu in this post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back