Contribute
Register

[GUIDE 5330m] Almost Fully Working Mountain Lion 10.8 (ML) on HP ProBook 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i was able to install ML, but only able to boot with DSDT=no, none of my realtek wifi usb (8188su / 8192cu) managed to work properly.

My model number is 720EA. I suspect there is something wrong with my DSDT (using the one provided by atomex) because on lion, i have to reset bios default every time i want to know how much battery i have when unplugged.

I will not try again until ML 10.8.2 is out, lion was (and i hope it will be again) working so nice.

I dont know if this can be bad, i also took out both wifi and 3g pcie cards, since im not using the, it feels no use to have them plugged.

Well, ill keep an eye here. I just wanted to warn the early adopters :)

Well, i was able to install ML, but only able to boot with DSDT=no, none of my realtek wifi usb (8188su / 8192cu) managed to work properly.

My model number is 720EA. I suspect there is something wrong with my DSDT (using the one provided by atomex) because on lion, i have to reset bios default every time i want to know how much battery i have when unplugged.

I will not try again until ML 10.8.2 is out, lion was (and i hope it will be again) working so nice.

I dont know if this can be bad, i also took out both wifi and 3g pcie cards, since im not using the, it feels no use to have them plugged.

I had Lion and ML and I can tell you that ML is much better than Lion, the graphics is much smoother when you scroll through the apps with the Genie effect. Anyways, you can post up your unpatched DSDT on here and myself or AtomeX can patch it for you.

Hi Emaf,
I just buy a wifi usb adapter with realtek 8188su and it's work great (dlink dwa-121), I never any problems about bios resetting, try to give us your DSDT and we will see.

Atomex, you are great among the greatest :)

attached is my dsdt...

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    48.9 KB · Views: 107
btw, my full specs

8gb ram
i5 2520m
120gb SSD
no pcie, no 3g card plugged.

i have both rtl8188su (TP-link) and rtl8192cu (belkin) to try

on lion, the most stable is the 8188su.

Atomex, you are great among the greatest :)

attached is my dsdt...

Hi again Emaf,
I need your Linux dsdt dump to do something not this one.
Regards

ah ok... sorry :)

i never managed to boot linux from this laptop. wich distro should i use?

can you point me to some guid on how to extract dsdt from linux?

thanks a lot

ok, ill try to download tomorrow ubuntu from some wifi ap, now im on 3g and my data plan is almost over.

thanks!!!

I'm back with my linux extracted DSDT...

believe it or not, it took me 6 hours... and a lot of waiting at the only spot here with decent internet...

however i wasnt able to do the "decompile" thing, since when i was on ubuntu, i had no internet. i hope this is not a problem...

to give a few more hints:

i managed to upgrade to ML, long story short, my disk was not partitioned as GPT, now it is, and i managed to upgrade. but i have the very same problem, i have to boot with DSDT=no, or it will not boot.

also (and probably because of the DSDT thing) i have no audio, and probably no sleep, etc, but wifi dongle is working nice now. (misterious thing). Graphics looks good though.

AtomeX thanks a lot for the help.

EDIT: The DSDT is extracted with no PCIe cards plugged in. I don't remember now if the usb wifi was connected....

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    48.8 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back