Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] 4530s Display Upgrade to 1080p (Update: 2012-06-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also did this build. Like someone said, it is not meant for more than one time removal. Now that I have an extra laptop screen laying around, I'm thinking of getting some inverters and using that as a second display. The 1080p on ML is gorgeous.

When I go to order the cable it's wont let me? Seems its not available?

Some problem here: I can't view the correct resolution on AUO V5 after two restarts... I've installed ML directly on 1080p from unibeast and after two restarts I can view only part of the entire 1080p resolution... It seems that osx force the 1080 resolution thinking to have only 768 monitor... but it doesn't scroll, so I can view only a part of the entire desktop....
I've tried everything I know about dsdt install, from HPI to manual edit.....

everytime after boot screen looks like this:

IMG_0335.jpg

then when i switch to scaled resolution everything is displayed correct:

IMG_0337.jpg

what can i do to have correct size/resolution on startup?

Just completed the upgrade, screen looks fantastic, vivid colors and screen is viewable from any angle, I also replaced the keyboard as it was missing a key and upgraded the CPU from an i3 to an i5.

Instead of compiling my DSDT I used the HP Probook installer v6 and installed the "HD3000 1080p New Fan DSDT", also had to install the AHCI patch to get it to boot.

The upgrade went fine with the exception of breaking the hinge covers trying to put them back in, the screen replacement video I watched showed removing the hinge covers, another video left them on and I wish I had done that, I ordered replacement hinge covers for $25, if anyone can recommend how to install them without breaking them I'd greatly appreciate it.

HP4530s - (XU015UT#ABA)
i5-2410M - HD 3000
Atheros (AR9285) WiFi Half Mini PCI-E Wireless Card
Bios revision F20
AU Optronics HD matte screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back