Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] 4530s Display Upgrade to 1080p (Update: 2012-06-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of buying the new screen too.
But do you guys know if my i3-2310m 4530s with bios version V30 is supported?

Especially the V30 bios? Because every system that works has V20.

Read my signature...

Will the 1080p screen decrease the battery life of the Laptop? I do not care if it only takes away 5 min of life. I'm talking about something noticeable.

Will the 1080p screen decrease the battery life of the Laptop? I do not care if it only takes away 5 min of life. I'm talking about something noticeable.

I haven't seen a noticeable difference.

The seller stated the word "compatible". This always means that it is just similar screen of mostly cheaper quality and other brand.

As some sellers don´t write the word "compatible" in the description I would always recommend to ask the seller before you buy the screen.

Just upgraded the display in my 4530s to a 1080p (B156HW01 v.4) from http://www.laptopscreen.com. This an amazing display. Count me as another happy customer.

WooHoo!

-bth

I got my screen last friday (4 day delivery from the german ebay seller in your post - to the Netherlands), and the cable today, also very fast delivery (~4/5 days). It took me quite a while to figure everything out and install it. But after 5 or so hours I got it all done and it worked straight away.

Thanks a lot for your guide! :D

I got my screen last friday (4 day delivery from the german ebay seller in your post - to the Netherlands), and the cable today, also very fast delivery (~4/5 days). It took me quite a while to figure everything out and install it. But after 5 or so hours I got it all done and it worked straight away.

How Do you like it? Do you think it is worth it? Can you really tell the difference?

@Rourke, I'm sorry i could not reply your PM. I don't have 20 posts.... (Weird system, can receive them but not send a reply)

So, here it is.

This part is dutch. If you want to read this. Please use google translate.:beachball:

Hey Rourke,

Ik was het inderdaad van plan om hem bij die gasten te kopen. Echter heb ik eens de recensies goed doorgelezen. Het kan dus zijn dat je een ander scherm opgestuurd krijgt. (Andere revisie ander merk etc) Ik hou het dus maar bij deze: http://www.ebay.at/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220887046677

Ik ga hem einde van de week of begin volgende week bestellen. Ik wil namelijk echt het zelfde scherm krijgen. (Zodat ik zeker weet dat het allemaal goed werkt).

Gr,

Kevin

Ah I just noticed your reply Kevin. I also bought the same one, as mentioned earlier it works great :) And yeah, a lot of sellers send a "compatible" one. Thanks for your reply.

How Do you like it? Do you think it is worth it? Can you really tell the difference?

Yeah, in the end its more pixels per inch (pixel/inch ratio?). So basically its harder to see the individual pixels. It allows me to do more on the same size screen. Remember: everything looks much smaller on the 1080p screen.

Happy if the guide helped you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back