Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because no one reads carefully. And most do not know what they are doing.

Cheers mate. I now know that it's needed my eyes were playing tricks on me I couldn't see it in the guide.

Overview
Note: This guide is for Intel USB3. Third party USB3 such as Asmedia, NEC/Renasas are problematic. No solution for these controllers AFAIK. Please do not ask about it in this thread.

Update: For unsupported USB3 controllers (eg. not Intel, not Fresco Logic), you can try the latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Hey @RehabMan is there a thread somewhere where we can post about Unsupported USB3 controllers that you might be following? I have a Etron controller and I am using the above recommended kext, but I'm having a little trouble.

Hey @RehabMan is there a thread somewhere where we can post about Unsupported USB3 controllers that you might be following? I have a Etron controller and I am using the above recommended kext, but I'm having a little trouble.

I'm not "following" anything about unsupported USB3 controllers. I have none that I'm using...

Hi Rehabman!

I have a weird issue with the USB ports after sleep. I started noticing, that the Gmyle bluetooth dongle "got stuck" after sleeping it was not working (with "Bluetooth: Not Available" and the "torn" BT sign)
When I checked the System Report the bluetooth appeared twice in the list and I had to plug it into an other port to get it working. I solved this with renaming the "Renaming EHCx->EH0x in DSDT" patch and the duplication (which eventually chewed up all my usb ports on the Vostro 3460 rendering them non-working until a restart)
The core issue still remains unfortunately. the USB positions climb with every sleep cycle and eventually the computer hard-restarts instead of going into sleep.
Location ID: 0x14400000 / 3 changes to Location ID: 0x14400000 / 6
I'm only guessing the restarts happens as the port-location numbers overflow...
I removed all the code from the XWAK and tried to find the code in the DSDT which could trigger the climb in the location number but I can't figure this out.
Please find my vanilla and current DSDT attached.

Thank you

Attachments

• DSDTs.zip
    68.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 04.33.25.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 04.33.25.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 04.34.54.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 04.34.54.png
    214.4 KB · Views: 129
I think now many things cleared up for me. Strange USB behaviour can only occur if you have to use the kext patch to disable the 15 port limit. Thats why its recommended to "replace" it with a custom SSDT to inject only the active ports. Am I right?
(Since I am using a Laptop with only a few USB ports everything is also working perfectly without this patch.)

I think now many things cleared up for me. Strange USB behaviour can only occur if you have to use the kext patch to disable the 15 port limit. Thats why its recommended to "replace" it with a custom SSDT to inject only the active ports. Am I right?
(Since I am using a Laptop with only a few USB ports everything is also working perfectly without this patch.)
I don't have any patches apart from the ones for the DSDT + SSDT patches for the USB. if I have the port limit raise, it only delays when the laptop resets instead of sleep.
The issue was persistent with and without the USBInjectAll.kext and the port raise list in Clover Kext patch.

Hi Rehabman!

I have a weird issue with the USB ports after sleep. I started noticing, that the Gmyle bluetooth dongle "got stuck" after sleeping it was not working (with "Bluetooth: Not Available" and the "torn" BT sign)
When I checked the System Report the bluetooth appeared twice in the list and I had to plug it into an other port to get it working. I solved this with renaming the "Renaming EHCx->EH0x in DSDT" patch and the duplication (which eventually chewed up all my usb ports on the Vostro 3460 rendering them non-working until a restart)
The core issue still remains unfortunately. the USB positions climb with every sleep cycle and eventually the computer hard-restarts instead of going into sleep.
Location ID: 0x14400000 / 3 changes to Location ID: 0x14400000 / 6
I'm only guessing the restarts happens as the port-location numbers overflow...
I removed all the code from the XWAK and tried to find the code in the DSDT which could trigger the climb in the location number but I can't figure this out.
Please find my vanilla and current DSDT attached.

Thank you

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Really old hardware you have there... UHCI is USB1.

Try removing the USB1 kexts in IOUSBHostFamily.kext (PlugIns):
AppleUSBUHCI.kext
AppleUSBUHCIPCI.kext

A kext that is not present cannot panic.

There are other ways to disable these kexts (use search, you will find a kext disabler I created).
Thank you very much!!! You gave me the right direction. Your UHCI disabler works fine.

The only USB issue is that I have to use external USB hub to connect USB 1.1 devices;) But it is not a big deal. I can live with it.

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back