Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious question:

I have a custom SSDT working with @RehabMan injectors. All my USB ports are on XHC and I've disabled 3 ports to stay under the 15 limit. Reading from the first page, can I or should I move USB2 ports to EHC with the multiplex kexts to have all 18 ports working? Or is EHC just an alternative method and not to be used concurrently with the custom SSDT/XHC injection?
Does your machine really have 18 physical USB ports!? o_O

Curious question:

I have a custom SSDT working with @RehabMan injectors. All my USB ports are on XHC and I've disabled 3 ports to stay under the 15 limit. Reading from the first page, can I or should I move USB2 ports to EHC with the multiplex kexts to have all 18 ports working? Or is EHC just an alternative method and not to be used concurrently with the custom SSDT/XHC injection?

You can use FakePCIID+FakePCIID_XHCIMux to get around the 15-port limit. The limit is per controller... so if you can move your USB2 ports on XHCI to EHCI, you won't hit the limit on XHCI.

You can use FakePCIID+FakePCIID_XHCIMux to get around the 15-port limit. The limit is per controller... so if you can move your USB2 ports on XHCI to EHCI, you won't hit the limit on XHCI.

Cool. Will give that a try.

So for the "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /" I got "locked: wait for lock" at first then it worked.

so with the zip I have as you said USB working and not working state of IOreg plus EFI/Clover folder! I hope I did everything right as you needed, thanks for the help tho I appreciate a lot, hopefully my GTX 1070 drivers soon comes out so I can have fully functional macOS

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 102
So for the "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /" I got "locked: wait for lock" at first then it worked.

so with the zip I have as you said USB working and not working state of IOreg plus EFI/Clover folder! I hope I did everything right as you needed, thanks for the help tho I appreciate a lot, hopefully my GTX 1070 drivers soon comes out so I can have fully functional macOS

What is the issue? If you previously described your issue, you should have used a quoted reply so I could find it.

But since you didn't, you must describe your problem.

Hello RehabMan,

My problem is; external 3,5 inch usb hard drives mounting as internal drives (Removable Media:No).

I have used USBInjectAll with XHCI-x99-injector with these clover patches.
EHC1 to EH01 find 45484331 replace 45483031
EHC2 to EH02 find 45484332 replace 45483032
XHCI to XH01 find 58484349 replace 58483031

I am including my ioreg+clover+sudo touch result.
Could you please help me?
Thanks in advance.

My Rig is:
Asus X99-E WS
i7-5960X
Nvidia Titan X

Attachments

• motionworks.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 116
Hello RehabMan,

My problem is; external 3,5 inch usb hard drives mounting as internal drives (Removable Media:No).

I have used USBInjectAll with XHCI-x99-injector with these clover patches.
EHC1 to EH01 find 45484331 replace 45483031
EHC2 to EH02 find 45484332 replace 45483032
XHCI to XH01 find 58484349 replace 58483031

I am including my ioreg+clover+sudo touch result.
Could you please help me?
Thanks in advance.

My Rig is:
Asus X99-E WS
i7-5960X
Nvidia Titan X

The problem is likely caused because you're using the port limit patch. The port limit patch is only for short term use (just port discovery). You should create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext (and FakePCIID_XHCIMux, if needed/wanted) to bring the total number of ports on XHC to 15 or under, then remove the port limit patch.

Never heard of any such problem. No idea what "Multibeast UEFI preset" is. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Provide ioreg both the case of working USB and not working USB.

What is the issue? If you previously described your issue, you should have used a quoted reply so I could find it.

But since you didn't, you must describe your problem.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back