Contribute
Register

Guidance on installing Mavericks on a Toshiba Z930 PT23LA-01F00N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have given it like 30 seconds but nothing,

It could be your _LID method is not being called. Try, "Poll for LID changes" (DSDT patch from my repo). You will need to install ACPIPoller.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Poller

also even if it hasn't reached the sleep, it should ask for the password and it didn't

That actually depends on your settings in SysPrefs->Security & Privacy.

You should also make sure all kernel assertions are clear:
Code:
pmset -g assertions

It could be your _LID method is not being called. Try, "Poll for LID changes" (DSDT patch from my repo). You will need to install ACPIPoller.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Poller

That actually depends on your settings in SysPrefs->Security & Privacy.

You should also make sure all kernel assertions are clear:
Code:
pmset -g assertions

Captura de pantalla 2014-06-03 a la(s) 18.21.56.png

Yours is _SB.LID. As with all DSDT patches, sometimes you have to tweak them for your individual circumstance.

Now it's working .-. This kext was to get this to work or just to see if Mavericks detected the lid close? Also, audio is not working after sleep and the computer won't power on automatically after lid is opened.

Now it's working .-. This kext was to get this to work or just to see if Mavericks detected the lid close?

That kext+DSDT patch causes your _LID method to be checked for changes every second, and if it is changed it sends the notification to the OS X driver responsible (AppleACPILid). It is needed because your DSDT is not sending the proper LID notifications.

That kext+DSDT patch causes your _LID method to be checked for changes every second, and if it is changed it sends the notification to the OS X driver responsible (AppleACPILid). It is needed because your DSDT is not sending the proper LID notifications.

Also, audio is not working after sleep and the computer won't power on automatically after lid is opened.

Does your audio codec use an EAPD amp? Check codec dump from Linux for EAPD. If so you need (customized) CodecCommander.kext: https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Side effect of removing _PRW from the LID device. Use the power button.

I have an EAPD amp and now I'm reading the README (yes, I'm doing it!!) but I don't know which kext I need to modify.

And for the auto power on I will set on the bios a feature that it's for doing this, so no problem here!

I have an EAPD amp and now I'm reading the README (yes, I'm doing it!!) but I don't know which kext I need to modify.

Read the README there. It describes the items in the Info.plist that need to be changed. You'll need to build the kext after you make the changes with xcode (in fact, do the changes with xcode).

Read the README there. It describes the items in the Info.plist that need to be changed. You'll need to build the kext after you make the changes with xcode (in fact, do the changes with xcode).

Yes, the question is: Which kext? IOAudioFamily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back