Contribute
Register

Guidance on installing Mavericks on a Toshiba Z930 PT23LA-01F00N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that something new? Or was it that way before?

new. When I was going to apply the audio patch to get it working after sleep then it happened. Now i've formatted and without applying that patch happens... Could it be because the computer is trying to boot when the lid is on and then when i press the power button it shuts down?

new. When I was going to apply the audio patch to get it working after sleep then it happened. Now i've formatted and without applying that patch happens... Could it be because the computer is trying to boot when the lid is on and then when i press the power button it shuts down?

What audio patch are you referring to? What do you mean by "Now i've formatted and without applying that patch happens..." ??

You could need additional DSDT patches... but you're going to have to be very clear about what you are seeing.

What audio patch are you referring to? What do you mean by "Now i've formatted and without applying that patch happens..." ??

You could need additional DSDT patches... but you're going to have to be very clear about what you are seeing.

Okay. If you read 4 or 5 posts back, you will remember that i was able to sleep the computer perfectly but audio refused to work when waking up. then you said me to apply a patch to get the audio working when waking up, and that patch I needed to make it with xcode and then I done that. After applying that patch, I rebooted and then I put the computer to sleep by closing the lid. Then I putted up the lid and the computer waked didn't wake up (that's normal, you said that by applying the other patch for sleeping when lid closed will kill waking when lid is open) so I went ahead and pressed the power button. Then the Power LED turned green and then it shutter off and started booting from bios (hard reset). After doing a fresh install and installing all the kext and patches that I installed when sleep was working but not installing the audio wake up patch, the bug continues to happen. The computer shows the Green LED for half a second and then hard restart.

This is the System.log, you can see that there is a time of 25 seconds that is empty, that is when the computer is going to sleep...

Code:
04/06/14 00:41:24,602 com.apple.SecurityServer[15]: Session 100006 created04/06/14 00:41:25,407 com.apple.InputMethodKit.UserDictionary[314]: -[PFUbiquitySwitchboardEntryMetadata setUseLocalStorage:](760): CoreData: Ubiquity:  iscle~38B18984-29C1-518D-8FAD-29E201A37B5A:UserDictionary
Using local storage: 1
04/06/14 00:41:25,645 com.apple.InputMethodKit.UserDictionary[314]: -[PFUbiquitySwitchboardEntryMetadata setUseLocalStorage:](760): CoreData: Ubiquity:  iscle~38B18984-29C1-518D-8FAD-29E201A37B5A:UserDictionary
Using local storage: 0
04/06/14 00:41:41,974 WindowServer[86]: _CGXSetWindowBackgroundBlurRadius: Invalid window 0xffffffff
04/06/14 00:41:41,986 loginwindow[59]: find_shared_window: WID -1
04/06/14 00:41:41,986 loginwindow[59]: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid window 0xffffffff
04/06/14 00:41:41,986 loginwindow[59]: find_shared_window: WID -1
04/06/14 00:41:41,986 loginwindow[59]: CGSSetWindowTags: Invalid window 0xffffffff
04/06/14 00:41:42,078 WindowServer[86]: device_generate_desktop_screenshot: authw 0x7fbceaf65bf0(2000), shield 0x7fbceac39bc0(2001)
04/06/14 00:41:42,117 WindowServer[86]: device_generate_lock_screen_screenshot: authw 0x7fbceaf65bf0(2000), shield 0x7fbceac39bc0(2001)
04/06/14 00:41:42,133 WindowServer[86]: _CGXHWCaptureWindowList: No capable active display found.
04/06/14 00:41:56,658 loginwindow[59]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.

Okay. If you read 4 or 5 posts back, you will remember that i was able to sleep the computer perfectly but audio refused to work when waking up. then you said me to apply a patch to get the audio working when waking up, and that patch I needed to make it with xcode and then I done that.

No patch. CodecCommander.kext. A kext that wakes up the EAPD amp on transition from sleep->wake.

After applying that patch, I rebooted and then I put the computer to sleep by closing the lid. Then I putted up the lid and the computer waked didn't wake up (that's normal, you said that by applying the other patch for sleeping when lid closed will kill waking when lid is open) so I went ahead and pressed the power button. Then the Power LED turned green and then it shutter off and started booting from bios (hard reset). After doing a fresh install and installing all the kext and patches that I installed when sleep was working but not installing the audio wake up patch, the bug continues to happen.

Thus it is not caused by CodeCommander, but something else.

You probably need DSDT patches. Likely candidates from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

No patch. CodecCommander.kext. A kext that wakes up the EAPD amp on transition from sleep->wake.

Thus it is not caused by CodeCommander, but something else.

You probably need DSDT patches. Likely candidates from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"

I already have applied all of this patches...

Even after your fresh install? Power management is correct?

Now it's working o_O it's posible that it was a config.plist error from clover? I only modified that to have audio working...

And yes, i think i have power management correctly and yes, I installed those patches even after the fresh install.

Iscle- How I installed Mavericks on my ultrabook from my experience, it took allot of time, and patience
I strongly recommend that you get your self a external 3.0 USB Terrabyte hard drive download and install on a USB stick Macrium Reflect Personal Edition its Free http://www.macrium.com/personal.aspx.When I say image I mean backup the whole disk my ultrabook SSD hard drive is only 120GB so a Terrabyte drive is good. Image the Working system so I imaged the original Windows 8 image, I imaged Mavericks after installing it, I imaged Mavericks on every milestone, including Mav updates from 10.9.1-10.9.3 I know its slow and painful imaging takes 30mins but restoring an image is quicker. if there was a mistake I could reimage the system back to Windows 8 and double check settings or image the system back to the working Mavericks state. From what I have seen in this topic you have blown out the pages to 24, you mentioned many times you formatted and started again, I did this once and I thought do I want to go thru the pain of formatting and reinstalling or should I just reimage the laptop back to the Vanilla Mavericks State. you will become aware the Reimaging the laptop will be quicker than formatting, reapplying the patching etc... over and over again.
remember every mile stone during the install process image the Mavericks system so you don't have to repeat. Milestones for me was 1. install completed getting the 2. EDID working on the Mavericks, 3. Getting the CPU throttling and power states working , 4. Getting Mavericks updates installed

and finally do each step one a time such as audio reboot if it works and you think its a milestone image the system don't try to patch audio, battery, etc.. in one hit cause you don't know if the system at the next boot is going to work you need to do one patch and reboot at a time tick the boxes one at a time. also I too was led to believe Clover was the saviour for my ultrabook but after much troubles I am back with Chamleon/Chimera using Charm Whiz much easier to configure than clover and as you could see from my previous postings I was being led down the wrong path by a white rabbit called clover.
PS sometimes with Audio and mouse I gave up and I personally would use the Voodoo drivers but this might not be agreed upon here in the forum, but I have a working ultrabook that aint perfect, but works good I only wanted a ultrabook Mac as I work with Windows at Work all day and I just need to delve into the Mac World on my train ride home.
any way good luck that is my experience with mavericks hopfully the next edition of Mac OSX coming in Spring will be less painful

Iscle- How I installed Mavericks on my ultrabook from my experience, it took allot of time, and patience
I strongly recommend that you get your self a external 3.0 USB Terrabyte hard drive download and install on a USB stick Macrium Reflect Personal Edition its Free http://www.macrium.com/personal.aspx.When I say image I mean backup the whole disk my ultrabook SSD hard drive is only 120GB so a Terrabyte drive is good. Image the Working system so I imaged the original Windows 8 image, I imaged Mavericks after installing it, I imaged Mavericks on every milestone, including Mav updates from 10.9.1-10.9.3 I know its slow and painful imaging takes 30mins but restoring an image is quicker. if there was a mistake I could reimage the system back to Windows 8 and double check settings or image the system back to the working Mavericks state. From what I have seen in this topic you have blown out the pages to 24, you mentioned many times you formatted and started again, I did this once and I thought do I want to go thru the pain of formatting and reinstalling or should I just reimage the laptop back to the Vanilla Mavericks State. you will become aware the Reimaging the laptop will be quicker than formatting, reapplying the patching etc... over and over again.
remember every mile stone during the install process image the Mavericks system so you don't have to repeat. Milestones for me was 1. install completed getting the 2. EDID working on the Mavericks, 3. Getting the CPU throttling and power states working , 4. Getting Mavericks updates installed

and finally do each step one a time such as audio reboot if it works and you think its a milestone image the system don't try to patch audio, battery, etc.. in one hit cause you don't know if the system at the next boot is going to work you need to do one patch and reboot at a time tick the boxes one at a time. also I too was led to believe Clover was the saviour for my ultrabook but after much troubles I am back with Chamleon/Chimera using Charm Whiz much easier to configure than clover and as you could see from my previous postings I was being led down the wrong path by a white rabbit called clover.
PS sometimes with Audio and mouse I gave up and I personally would use the Voodoo drivers but this might not be agreed upon here in the forum, but I have a working ultrabook that aint perfect, but works good I only wanted a ultrabook Mac as I work with Windows at Work all day and I just need to delve into the Mac World on my train ride home.
any way good luck that is my experience with mavericks hopfully the next edition of Mac OSX coming in Spring will be less painful

Hi, thanks for that explanation. Now I have installed Mavericks 10.9.3 on my toshiba with clover and everything works without a problem exceptl buggy audio and fan control. I'll be doing a guide on this, once you have all the kext needed, you reinstall and get all working in less than an hour! :)

Okay, now it's working fine! All is working except VGA, card reader and fingerprint sensor. I'm planning on doing a guide for people like me that wants to do it. Does this DSDT and SSDT that i've created work with all the Portege Z930-148? or it varies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back