HD4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
When i do the new instructions http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
i get the CPU error
what flags do you recommend for my laptop installation

and then once post install what shall i do with Multibeast in relation to my laptop

There is probably someone with a similar laptop configuration doesn't have to be Toshiba i guess

cool

Mick

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Ahh the Good news I was able to successfully install The Mav using the LCD screen of the laptop using allot of time and patience. The link I posted before gave me some flags that didn't work out well for me so I Googled a lot and was able to use the following flags IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -v -f -x UseKernelCache=N dart=0 and it took me to the install screen. the inbuilt mouse pad does not work but I could navigate with the laptop keyboard.
after install it rebooted I selected installed system and the boot would not work until I used the following flags were used
Now these flags work IGP..=N Graphics...=Y -v -f UseKer...=N and the LCD screen on the laptop goes blank but when plugged into HDMI on the external monitor the Screen lights up but the resolution is fuzzy or out of sync but there is still a picture. pulling out the hdmi or turning off hdmi screen does not fix problem until I have to I wait 2 minutes for the external hdmi screen to go to sleep I guess the laptop is placing the screen in sleep mode than I wake it up and Wahlah the login screen on The Mav is up a Partial Success !!! for I know next time I reboot the same prob will appear until I fix what gets loaded. So now I have to find out what flags that need to be switched on and off. I took me sometime to get to this process I had went into safemode and got allot of blank screens when it was really the laptop telling me I should plug into a external monitor such as HDMI.

Ahh the Good news I was able to successfully install The Mav using the LCD screen of the laptop using allot of time and patience. The link I posted before gave me some flags that didn't work out well for me so I Googled a lot and was able to use the following flags IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -v -f -x UseKernelCache=N dart=0 and it took me to the install screen. the inbuilt mouse pad does not work but I could navigate with the laptop keyboard.
after install it rebooted I selected installed system and the boot would not work until I used the following flags were used
Now these flags work IGP..=N Graphics...=Y -v -f UseKer...=N and the LCD screen on the laptop goes blank but when plugged into HDMI on the external monitor the Screen lights up but the resolution is fuzzy or out of sync but there is still a picture. pulling out the hdmi or turning off hdmi screen does not fix problem until I have to I wait 2 minutes for the external hdmi screen to go to sleep I guess the laptop is placing the screen in sleep mode than I wake it up and Wahlah the login screen on The Mav is up a Partial Success !!! for I know next time I reboot the same prob will appear until I fix what gets loaded. So now I have to find out what flags that need to be switched on and off. I took me sometime to get to this process I had went into safemode and got allot of blank screens when it was really the laptop telling me I should plug into a external monitor such as HDMI.

Use:
IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v

View attachment moreinfo.txtView attachment sysinfo.txt
Use:
IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v
Cool Thanks ReHabMan
I have done these commands and so it works but with only in HDMI mode so the laptop screen goes off and the HDMI LCD screen turns on when plug in HDMI. The login screen comes up there is some Digital picture interference like the screen Is not quite set properly I can only say its like in the old analogue days where the TV channel is not tuned in. the desktop is useable but the digital interference does get in the way I have to use a finder window by waving it in front of the front finder window to clear the digital interference from the front finder window.

Also I run Multibeast and restarted and I still don't have Wireless , Bluetooth, Audio, SDCard and doesn't show the battery life in the menu area, I click show battery but it unticks itself.

But I feel I am very close to closing the Mav file on running it on a Toshiba Ultrabook oh as I get tied down with the things mention above I really want the Mav to function on the laptop screen by itself when it boots up not a HDMI screen.

cheers
Edit I have added a sysinfo of the system via Ubuntu maybe it will assist

View attachment 89296View attachment 89294
Cool Thanks ReHabMan
I have done these commands and so it works but with only in HDMI mode so the laptop screen goes off and the HDMI LCD screen turns on when plug in HDMI. The login screen comes up there is some Digital picture interference like the screen Is not quite set properly I can only say its like in the old analogue days where the TV channel is not tuned in. the desktop is useable but the digital interference does get in the way I have to use a finder window by waving it in front of the front finder window to clear the digital interference from the front finder window.

Also I run Multibeast and restarted and I still don't have Wireless , Bluetooth, Audio, SDCard and doesn't show the battery life in the menu area, I click show battery but it unticks itself.

But I feel I am very close to closing the Mav file on running it on a Toshiba Ultrabook oh as I get tied down with the things mention above I really want the Mav to function on the laptop screen by itself when it boots up not a HDMI screen.

cheers
Edit I have added a sysinfo of the system via Ubuntu maybe it will assist

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

cheers
the good news is that i installed the Chamloen Wiz and followed the instructions in the link above.
the bad news and i think it might be just a random or a every 2nd or 3rd reboot the laptop screen now becomes enabled and is crystal clear with no digital artifacts.
but then i find the first and second reboots with force Ctrl Alt Power button reboots if the screen becomes all Fuzzy or unreadable on HDMI connection.
I don't know if i should of moved on from this but i am still entering the flags at the boot prompt GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v and randomly now it will select the HDMI or inbuilt laptop screen. When in HDMI mode i might get out of sync picture or i might get picture with digital artifacts, but on the 3rd attempt or more i get the laptop screen.

I have set the SMBIOs to Macbook air 5,2 as the Toshi is a Ultrabook it also running SSD Hard drive.
Also I found how to enable the inbuilt Ethernet, I am also able to use my external Orico USB3 hub combo with Network Hub Mac OSX creates a Ethernet port and it works. it also recognizes my bluetooth USB dongle i had to plug in. I am also using my Edimax 7718un WIFI USB under a Ralink driver BearExternder driver and it works a treat as i am finding that a my internal combo wireless and bluetooth Atheos card may not be supported.

So i don't know if i am going to get the Sdcard slot made by Ricoh working, and i have just need to enable the soundcard and just making the system stable at boot will be great.

so a this point i have a buggy video

cheers
the good news is that i installed the Chamloen Wiz and followed the instructions in the link above.
the bad news and i think it might be just a random or a every 2nd or 3rd reboot the laptop screen now becomes enabled and is crystal clear with no digital artifacts.
but then i find the first and second reboots with force Ctrl Alt Power button reboots if the screen becomes all Fuzzy or unreadable on HDMI connection.
I don't know if i should of moved on from this but i am still entering the flags at the boot prompt GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v and randomly now it will select the HDMI or inbuilt laptop screen. When in HDMI mode i might get out of sync picture or i might get picture with digital artifacts, but on the 3rd attempt or more i get the laptop screen.

I have set the SMBIOs to Macbook air 5,2 as the Toshi is a Ultrabook it also running SSD Hard drive.
Also I found how to enable the inbuilt Ethernet, I am also able to use my external Orico USB3 hub combo with Network Hub Mac OSX creates a Ethernet port and it works. it also recognizes my bluetooth USB dongle i had to plug in. I am also using my Edimax 7718un WIFI USB under a Ralink driver BearExternder driver and it works a treat as i am finding that a my internal combo wireless and bluetooth Atheos card may not be supported.

So i don't know if i am going to get the Sdcard slot made by Ricoh working, and i have just need to enable the soundcard and just making the system stable at boot will be great.

so a this point i have a buggy video

Could be EDID detection problem. Try injecting EDID via DSDT. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch "Generic with EDID" patch.

You will need to extract your own EDID. Do NOT use the one from my 1080p display on my ProBook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back