Gigabyte GA-Z170-D3H
CPU
Intel i5 6600
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi everyone,

I've got myself a completely working hackintosh. My only problem with it is that my second monitor from my dual monitor (both DP) randomly disconnects (goes blank), then reconnects (works again) after a certain working time (20-60min).

This thing happens periodically. Does anyone know what it is all about?

I'll try switching ports and see how it goes. It might be a SMBIOS problem because it hasn't happend after I switched back to 14,2. For now at least.

I'll try switching ports and see how it goes. It might be a SMBIOS problem because it hasn't happend after I switched back to 14,2. For now at least.
I encountered the same Problem. I also own a GTX 970 and my second monitor (connected via HDMI directly) periodically
turns black and right now, OS X doesn't even detect it anymore. My Windows and Ubuntu partitions on the other hand do detect the second monitor... Is there any progress concerning this problem so far?

I encountered the same Problem. I also own a GTX 970 and my second monitor (connected via HDMI directly) periodically
turns black and right now, OS X doesn't even detect it anymore. My Windows and Ubuntu partitions on the other hand do detect the second monitor... Is there any progress concerning this problem so far?

Looks like it's not SMBIOS related. I've switched back to 17,1. The same behaviour here: Windows works well, no issues, but on macOS the screen periodically turns black.

I haven't found any fix. I'm using both monitors with display port cables so I don't believe it is cable related.

Well my hackintosh ran stable for a long time, but since November '16 or so, this problem occurred. Any update releases?
And my SMBIOS was on 14,2 all the time...
I can also prove that the problem is not cable related. I also tried swapping cables (HDMI, DVI and DP) with no success.
I also tried to uninstall the Nvidia Web Drivers, without success...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back