GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Recently I got my system up and running, I know my hardware is a little dated, it is just what I could afford over time and what I though would work best with what I had.
GA-z68xp-ud3 rev 1.3 bios f10
i5 2500k
gtx 660
16 gb ram
128 samsung pro 840 ssd
etc.

I was able to get it running with GraphicsEnabler=No
Ran mulitbeast and everything. It works great from what I have tested so far. I do have audio controls however that is only because I have and apple tv and the audio controls work to airplay audio only to the apple tv which is in the other room so not really that helpful.

I have looked and read many forums and see others who have had success with DSTS editors and what not but I'm not real familiar with that and scared that once I do that my system won't boot or something crazy and I'll have to start over. I've seen one person who said they changed their system definition to a Mac Pro instead of iMac 12,2 and suddenly HDMI audio worked.

Anyways if someone could kindly guide me on how to edit a dsts and they would I have to re-install with the new dsts or just run mulitbeast again or how would I go about that.
Also if I could get airplay working with mirroring that would be awesome I saw something in Chimera 2.2 that would have integrated graphics (hd 3000) working even though I have my gtx 660 plugged in which would enable airplay I think.... if that is not the case I will need some help figuring that out as well.

Thanks to all

I've seen one person who said they changed their system definition to a Mac Pro instead of iMac 12,2 and suddenly HDMI audio worked.

Anyways if someone could kindly guide me on how to edit a dsts and they would I have to re-install with the new dsts or just run mulitbeast again or how would I go about that.
Your research found an impossible result; HDMI audio does not suddenly work with a sysdef change.

Use HD3000/6 Series MB dsdt edits - Desktop, Post #1, Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT

Thanks Toleda
Will this also make the airplay mirroring work as well or just fix the audio?

I tried to use the DSTS editor and went to compile and got a warning Line 2872 Code 1099
However I'm looking in the txt file and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to edit it.
Sorry I'm pretty new at all of this and might be in over my head.

I tried to use the DSTS editor and went to compile and got a warning Line 2872 Code 1099
However I'm looking in the txt file and I'm not sure where I'm supposed to edit it.
Sorry I'm pretty new at all of this and might be in over my head.
What is a DSTS editor? See Post #1 of the linked guide; use MaciASL. In the future, reporting a "warning Line 2872 Code 1099" is useless, I cannot see your display. Attach the dsdt.dsl with any errors, warning can be ignored.

Sorry like I said I'm new to all this stuff, I was using the MaciASL. This is the dsdt I'm working with.

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-Z68XP-UD3-F10.aml
    18.4 KB · Views: 219
I'm not sure I went and compiled it then went to reinstall it with multi beast and then the computer wouldn't boot

I re-compiled it and this is the new dsdt and the screen shot of what it told me. Will this work

Attachments

• Edited-DSDT.aml
    18.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 12.36.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-22 at 12.36.34 PM.png
    40 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back