Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 650ti, and now have enabled Intel graphics, thanks mizo007 for your post, I now have a mainly glitch free screen. But I have found that in some cases, switching a video in a web page to full screen, the glitches will return. But after using the trick of switching screen resolutions to 1600x900, in my case, and then back to 1920x1080, the glitches will go away. In the past I would have to do this many times a day, but now after enabling Intel graphics, the glitches don't return during the current boot period, after doing this resolution switch trick.

In my case, so far, I only see glitches with Final Cut. I viewed youtube video and I have no issues. I close Final Cut and reopen I have no issues.

Its only when I start using effects like Ken Burns on new projects that I have problems.

In my case, so far, I only see glitches with Final Cut. I viewed youtube video and I have no issues. I close Final Cut and reopen I have no issues.

Its only when I start using effects like Ken Burns on new projects that I have problems.

I only have problems at 2560x1600 resolution. In my case others resolutions work fine.

I've been reading portions of this thread. I noticed some people had thought about switching from the 660 to the 650ti.

I have a nvidia 650ti and when running Final Cut Pro 10.4 on 10.13.3 and noticed some sever glitches like described in this post.

Has anyone tried graphic intense apps with a 650ti?
As per your system profile I can see that you have the 650 TI "BOOST" version this card has the same glitches than 660. The 650 TI (non "BOOST") is the one that is working perfectly.

Hello

When i enable my on-board graphic, my computer reboot during the start up so impossible for me to activate on-board video

Looking on Wikipedia, I see that there are some iMac model 13,2 that have 660M video card inside

I didn't test with changing conf to iMac 13,2 instead of 13,1 that I use from a long time

I have the same issue. My computer also reboots during the start up.

I have tried mizo007 method described above:
1.) installed all 3 kext mentioned
2.) injected Intel Graphics in config.plist with appropriate CPU as on a screenshot
3.) turned on Internal Graphic in BIOS

computer reboots during the start up(
P.S. need to mention I have a different CPU

2.) injected Intel Graphics in config.plist with appropriate CPU as on a screenshot

In the bios, change initdiaplayfirst to igfx. Seems to work

Sadly I also have a similar issue. Setting PCI as first doesn't allow me to boot. Just get a panic and reboot. Turning off IGFX entirely allows the system to boot but I still get artefacts. Considering biting the bullet and just getting a GTX1060.

Sadly I also have a similar issue. Setting PCI as first doesn't allow me to boot. Just get a panic and reboot. Turning off IGFX entirely allows the system to boot but I still get artefacts. Considering biting the bullet and just getting a GTX1060.
Could you please update yous signature to know your mainboard

I have made lot of testing for my configuration :
GA-Z77-UD5H rev1.1 and geForce GTX660.

First of all :
If I upgrade my BIOS to latests F16j Version AND I set the "Init Display First" param in BIOS to "IGX" and "Enable Internal Graphics", my bios boot to the screen connected to IGFX but clover does not show up, so i'm stopped....

My solution :
If i restore BIOS to F14 (last version not considered as Beta) AND I set the "Init Display First" param in BIOS to "IGX" and "Enable Internal Graphics", my bios boot to the screen connected to IGFX, as clover, and MacOS --> BINGO

I try to connect the 2 screen on the GTX660 with BIOS version F14 or version F16 and i have glitches.
Perhaps, that the root cause of the glitches is to have 2 screens connected to the GTX660 (i use 2 2 DVI ports).
I didn't' test with screens connected to different connectors (1 DisplayPort and 1 DVI for example). If someone can test this configuration ?

other things (not related to GTX660 ?)
I'm always boot in verbose mode and sometimes i have a message "does printf work ??". Need to reboot randomly to go to MacOS. Strange behaviors....

Just a remark, I also try the bootloader "OZMOSIS" (it's a clover inside the bios) and i flash my bios with a specific version for high sierra that i found on a german forum but i have some others problems (impossible de have realtecALC898 audio kext injection, update from 10.13.0 to 10.13.3 failed). To bad. This bootloader is interesting but not well documented....

Just for information, i'm using Nvidia Web Drivers.
i'm set my clover confif in attachment.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 224
Could you please update yous signature to know your mainboard

Signature updated;

For what it’s worth, I downgraded my machine to Sierra yesterday. Apart from having some initial issues in getting the thing to boot I found I could configure the GFX just as I liked;

I was able to set PCI gfx first, but still keep Intel IGFX enabled to allow DRM playback and airplay. In order to do so, I needed to use a connectorless ig-platform-Id. In addition to this before setting the platform Id, I needed to boot into OS X via IGFX first, and install Nvidia web drivers.

Also worth noting that I am running 3x 2k monitors from my 660TI. It seems the artefacts are prevalent for users doing multi monitor setups and high resolution displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back