Contribute
Register

GTX 660 glitch issue with MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, thanks for that..... after reading your post (and perhaps over responding) I started looking at replacement cards,
tho at the moment I have two 5Tb drives with issues (got to love driveDX for statistical smart predictions) and a budget of mostly zero. I use both fcpX and after effects regularly so am torn between Nvidia and a Radeon... Window shopping is excellent therapy while I get the momentum up to reinstall Sierra which will be perfectly fine for now.
Besides, at the moment I mostly work on a highly souped pre retina MacBook with obtuse charging issues yet a dogged will to live..

I still cannot get my head around fcp actually rendering out a more or less vanilla video totally glitched tho....... especially as as far as I can see fcp doesn't not really make use of the Nvidia gpu..... spooky

thanks for your cents..

I have made lot of testing for my configuration :
GA-Z77-UD5H rev1.1 and geForce GTX660.

First of all :
If I upgrade my BIOS to latests F16j Version AND I set the "Init Display First" param in BIOS to "IGX" and "Enable Internal Graphics", my bios boot to the screen connected to IGFX but clover does not show up, so i'm stopped....

I found a solution for this problem. Remove the file "CSMVideoDXE.efi" from the folder "drivers64UEFI" let me boot on the IGFX with Clover.

After that, i have a lot of "printf does work ???" error and I update to CLOVER 4411 to fix that.

Still have the 660 graphics glitches anyway :(

I've been reading portions of this thread. I noticed some people had thought about switching from the 660 to the 650ti.

I have a nvidia 650ti and when running Final Cut Pro 10.4 on 10.13.3 and noticed some sever glitches like described in this post.

Has anyone tried graphic intense apps with a 650ti?

What did you do to get your 650 Ti to work at all? I have a 650 Ti-448 but all I get is the Lockscreen error. Been looking for a solution that does not have me buying a new card.

Thanks!

Hello folks, I got ASUS NVIDIA GTX 660 OC and have tetris glitches on my screen. No idea to fix it. Now i am was buy low price FUJITSU NVIDIA Quadro P600 use it with nvidia web drivers and cuda toolkit driver.No more glitches or other artefacts.Tested with VLC video and some STEAM games . My rig is GIGABYTE Z97 D3H,3,2 GHz Intel Core i5,16 GB 2400 MHz DDR3 and some HDDs.
Good luck.

Hello,
I've upgraded to Clover 4411 and I didn't have any glitches anymore.

For information, today i have 3 screen :
- Screen 1 : 1920x1080 connected to Integrated Graphics with DVI Connector
- Screen 2 : 1920x1200 connected to Nvidia GeForce 660 First DVI Connector, with a rotation of 90 degres
- Screen 2 : 1920x1080 connected to Nvidia GeForce 660 Second Connector DVI Connector

In Bios, i have upgraded to Firmware Version 16j, I have dissabled CSM Support, set the configuration to "Windows 8 WHQL" and Fast Boot to "Ultra Fast Boot".

I didn't know what is the action that make my configuration OK, but perhaps somebody can try others configuration.

Full HD monitors (1920x1080) NO Glicthes/artifacts working 100% very smooth
2K monitors (2560x16000) YES Glitches/artifacts
It´s the same thing, the glitches are present in 2K ou 4K resolutions but work pretty well in 1920x1080

Finally solved for me by installing Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM in Multibeast and checking Store nvram.plist on system partition in NVRAM < Clover.

UPD: and here it goes again...

I tried this. Didn't work for me.

Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH, i7 CPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST
Fresh install of 10.13.3 downloaded 2/20/2018 from Apple.
Such a shame...im not interested in spending $400+ on a new video card for NO good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back