Contribute
Register

GTX 550 Ti Weird Install Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
If sleep is working properly under ML on a 550Ti, I'll eat my hat .... and then politely ask you how you pulled it off. ;)

Alright im typing this on ML upgrade from lion with a 550Ti im reinstalling the DSDT & SDST they seem to stop working. My sound is not working. The Customac also won't sleep. It's not that i'm having issues the the Ti. I just can't get it to sleep. I will report back once I can do more testing.

http://www.imagesnatcher.com/img/0ea956927aa71cd3/b7dbc2.png

How do you like your hat prepared?

Just tested sleep mode... It works..... would you like an Apple Pie with that?.... LOL.

Just tested sleep mode... It works..... would you like an Apple Pie with that?.... LOL.

Indeed I would! With ice cream, please. ;)

You've got a 550Ti sleeping and waking properly from sleep?

I can get my 550Ti to sleep...waking it up is another matter altogether, unfortunately. Same story from pretty much every 550Ti posting on the forums here.

Of course, I mean no disrespect, but yours is literally the first 550Ti card I've read about that will sleep and wake in Mountain Lion without MAJOR issues. On the other hand, there are dozen and dozens of reports of similar, if not identical, problems with the 550Ti cards. So, if you will forgive me, I'm both skeptical and curious. Perhaps you can post in the lengthy thread of people having the same issues - including people like me, who've tried both rollback kexts and reinstalling without the graphics card installed - and explain in detail how you got your card working? :D

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...00-nvidia-550ti-sleep-wake-freeze-thread.html

lol

Yes explain i would like to no aswell ??????????????? asus gtx 550ti doesnt work right for me and z77-ds3h. No sleep turned of screensaver and sleep and it works fine. Also told it not to turn of screen aswell. and yes ive tried everything on the forums swap kexts and fixed AGPM kext so come on my man EXALAIN????????? Hnag on its not a 550ti you have lol

If you look at the log and see 'OpenGL xxx Channel Timeout!' messages, try renaming the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext in /S/L/E to ....kext.bak. This will leave your graphics chip at full speed all of the time - very responsive although for those attempting to maximize battery life somewhat counterproductive. The OpenGL failures are caused by the power management trying to find an acceptably lower-than-max speed for whatever task you are doing. I had issues from SL 10.6.3 thru Lion 10.7.3; 10.7.4 was very stable. Mountain Lion as well as Lion 10.7.5 are disasters in APGM ... removing it reduces my issues to annoyance level. KP's are gone and, although switching out of display sleep or screen-saver mode or hot-swapping a monitor can be somewhat slow, those functions do work without the AGPM.kext installed. I am running a Dell L702x with an nVidia GT 550M on a 3D display.

If sleep is working properly under ML on a 550Ti, I'll eat my hat .... and then politely ask you how you pulled it off. ;)

Well I guess your going to be eating alot of Hats. Becuase I have a Asus 550Ti and it is 100% working. It sleeps It wakes up and it does NOT freeze. :)

I had a a small issue at frist, the screen would go black and white and then have all these little squares over it and then freeze. BUt that was becuase the operator , Me in this case. LOL.
But once I realised what I had done. 10 mins later Its run perfectly since. I woking it up at least 10 times so far, trying to make make an errors but alias erorr feee!!

So heres my hat start eating boy !!! rofl

Well I guess your going to be eating alot of Hats. Becuase I have a Asus 550Ti and it is 100% working. It sleeps It wakes up and it does NOT freeze. :)

I had a a small issue at frist, the screen would go black and white and then have all these little squares over it and then freeze. BUt that was becuase the operator , Me in this case. LOL.
But once I realised what I had done. 10 mins later Its run perfectly since. I woking it up at least 10 times so far, trying to make make an errors but alias erorr feee!!

So heres my hat start eating boy !!! rofl

What was the operator error you were doing Macsure? Alot of people are trying to figure out how to get this to work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back