Contribute
Register

GTX 1060 performance on 10.13 High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having same problem with my GT 1030.
Well as 24/12/17 it seems no one else but us is having this problem, am I wrong? Everyone's recommending Pascal GPUs for hackintosh purposes, even though we have this kind of issues.

Yea I really don't understand why there arent more complaints, does it actually work smoothly for anyone? Or are people just not paying attention?

As it was mentioned, 4K monitor is part of the problem, and based on my experience to start noticing the problem you need to be running at least at 2160p@60Hz, and to let it smash you in the face - 1440p@60Hz HiDPI

If an nVidia GPU has issues with High Sierra and I plainly put in a cheap AMD RX560 and the problem goes away just like many others here.....oh yeah, I must be doing something wrong and Apple is not to blame.
We will never know without proper information i.e. details. Just search this site for 'problem reporting files'

Only some are having issues and none of those are posting logs only web GL videos. Here's mine

Wish your video was a bit longer but I see hints of the problem in there, just a very brief stutter at a (set) interval. I guess it just doesn't get any worse over time.

Here's my logs from startup until running a water webgl. Suggest you egrep "kernel|WindowServer" .. it's 1.1 million lines. I see some ACPI errors for XOSI and BTKL (bluetooth it seems?), not too worried about these.

these were curious:
Code:
2018-01-13 07:47:32.812298-0800 0x5c0      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleIntelFramebufferAzul) hmm.. mismatch sizes: 3100 vs 20
2018-01-13 07:47:32.812853-0800 0x586      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AppleIntelHD5000Graphics) PPGTT is enabled
as I have Haswell GT2 / HD4600, though I see the PCI IDs in AppleIntelHD500Graphics.kext (0x04128086). Anyways, problem exists with IGPU enabled/disabled.

lots of these but they are also present on my laptop2 (which works fine):
Code:
2018-01-13 07:47:38.069619-0800 0x5e1      Error       0x0                  267    14   WindowServer: (IOPresentment) Error: Unable to open AGDC connection.  Return code: 0xe00002c2
I imagine this one isn't a surprise since at best I'm matching this section in
AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext:
Code:
                                <key>Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61</key>
                                <dict>
                                        <key>GFX0</key>
                                        <dict>
                                                <key>Heuristic</key>
                                                <dict>
                                                        <key>ID</key>
                                                        <integer>4</integer>
                                                </dict>
                                                <key>control-id</key>
                                                <integer>17</integer>
                                        </dict>

as I mentioned before almost all WindowServer errors are also present on my laptop, which works fine.

Attachments

• logs.debug.startup.txt.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 117
  • config.plist
    9.7 KB · Views: 244
Btw one noticeable difference between using my Nvidia and my Radeon:

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 11.32.14 AM.png

With Radeon, Metal is just noted as "Supported" - both on my laptop1 and desktop1 (with RX560). Curiously this goes for their accompanying Intel IGPU devices too.

Btw one noticeable difference between using my Nvidia and my Radeon:

View attachment 305713

With Radeon, Metal is just noted as "Supported" - both on my laptop1 and desktop1 (with RX560). Curiously this goes for their accompanying Intel IGPU devices too.

My GTX 1080 says the same...
Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 3.27.23 PM.png

Here's my hackbook...
Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 3.30.57 PM.png

We will never know without proper information i.e. details. Just search this site for 'problem reporting files'

I need some people with real Macs that came with nVidia GPU to send me files so I can pass it on to Apple.

Is anyone willing to do that here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back