Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone!

I am new to your forum and this is my first post, so I am sorry if I placed it in the wrong section.

I was able to install Yosemite 10.10.3 with unibeast on my desktop computer from a USB Drive (booting to the installer was NOT easy - had to use different combinations of flags until I got it right).

After the installation I ran in a couple of errors but eventually I was again, able to boot into the OS, complete the installation and get into the desktop in order to use multicast and kext wizard, chameleon wizard.

I tried installing my audio drivers for my built-in audio chip (ALC885) with no result still - maybe i'll post about it in another threat-

But the most annoying thing I am not able to get to work properly is my GPU.

This is my first time installing a OS X system on a PC - Hackintosh unit so please I apologise if that is a noobish question.

In order to boot into the system I use the flags:
-v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnable=Yes PCIRootUID=0
If I don't use those flags, boot will start, and when the apple logo (loading state starts) I will get no signal on my monitor.

org.chameleon.Boot
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

My specs are:

Nvidia GT8800 GPU - If I change my SMBions to Mac Pro 3,1 I get a CPU error
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU - Changed my SMBios to iMac 8,1 in order to make it work
8GB RAM (GEIL Black dragon DDR2) -Only 4GB's are recognised-
Internet Marvel Ethernet built in -Works great! Even App Store and iMessage
Audio Realtek ALC885 (6 Port) built in - Not working even after installing drivers with Multibeast
2*1TB HDD

I tried installing my audio drivers for my built-in audio chip (ALC885) with no result still - maybe i'll post about it in another threat-

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

But the most annoying thing I am not able to get to work properly is my GPU.

This is my first time installing a OS X system on a PC - Hackintosh unit so please I apologise if that is a noobish question.

In order to boot into the system I use the flags:
-v nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnable=Yes PCIRootUID=0
If I don't use those flags, boot will start, and when the apple logo (loading state starts) I will get no signal on my monitor.

org.chameleon.Boot
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Make the changes on your org.chameleon.boot.plist as below,

1. Remove the below lines

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>

2. Disable IGPInjection

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

3. Disable use of kernel cache

<string>No</string>

4. Add the flag "PCIRootUID=1" under kernel flags

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1</string>

Then save the file. Reboot and check the booting without typing any flags. If the booting stuck with messages on screen, then post a clear photo of the entire frozen screen.

Note:- VGA Not supported on Yosemite. Use DVI/HDMI connection for Monitor without using any converters.

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

Make the changes on your org.chameleon.boot.plist as below,

1. Remove the below lines

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>0</string>

2. Disable IGPInjection

<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

3. Disable use of kernel cache

<string>No</string>

4. Add the flag "PCIRootUID=1" under kernel flags

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1</string>

Then save the file. Reboot and check the booting without typing any flags. If the booting stuck with messages on screen, then post a clear photo of the entire frozen screen.

Note:- VGA Not supported on Yosemite. Use DVI/HDMI connection for Monitor without using any converters.

Hello and thank you for replying.
My card only has two DVI ports and I do not use any adaptors.
I know about that guide but it did not help me installing and running my audio card.
I installed the package required from multibeast but still nothing (no audio card detected)
Should I keep my configurations SMBIOS to macpro or to imac?
I will test those flags today

Thank you.

image.jpg
EDIT:
Tried the flags, got stuck in a weird message:
iobluetoothhcicontroller start completed

The fix might be this:
write the bootlfag: -s (press enter after writing each command) which should boot you into single user mode - you should see some text rolling in, once it stops write this (one command at a time then press enter):
fsck -fy
mount -uw /
(press enter after writing each command)
After that, just write : grafix backup all (and press enter again)
then write: reboot
found: here

UPDATE: The instructions I found did nothing. I can only boot with nv_disable=1 but now the graphics card is recognized as an nvidia GT8800 (with my SMBios being Mac Pro 2009). The stuck at iobluetoothhcicontroller remains

Hello and thank you for replying.
I know about that guide but it did not help me installing and running my audio card.
I installed the package required from multibeast but still nothing (no audio card detected)
Should I keep my configurations SMBIOS to macpro or to imac?

Thank you.

View attachment 139233
EDIT:

The fix might be this:
write the bootlfag: -s (press enter after writing each command) which should boot you into single user mode - you should see some text rolling in, once it stops write this (one command at a time then press enter):
fsck -fy
mount -uw /

UPDATE: The instructions I found did nothing. I can only boot with nv_disable=1 but now the graphics card is recognized as an nvidia GT8800 (with my SMBios being Mac Pro 2009). The stuck at iobluetoothhcicontroller remains

Since you are booting with an add- on PCIE Graphics card, re-enter BIOS before booting the Yosemite HDD and make sure you have disabled IGX and ENABLED PCIE where you have inserted your nvidia GT8800.

in the Boot flag remove nv_disable=1 and type in nvda_drv=1 to indicate that you have already installed the required kexts for your add-on nVidia Graphic card . This I hope will clear the boot arrest at "iobluetoothhcicontroller remains..."
You may have to later edit your Chameleon. Boot.plist to insert nvda_drv=1 flag to avoid having to type in at boot time during every reboot.
Hope this helps

Since you are booting with an add- on PCIE Graphics card, re-enter BIOS before booting the Yosemite HDD and make sure you have disabled IGX and ENABLED PCIE where you have inserted your nvidia GT8800.
Once again thank you for the reply.
A strange problem persists every time I either reboot or shut down my unit.

The BIOS options get reset BUT I my BIOS have a CMOS RELOAD function so I have saved ALL my settings to a bank in order to load them each time that happens, and I do not have to adjust my BIOS manually.
However, the setting mentioned (IGX) does not appear to be available on my BIOS settings BUT I have the option of Advanced Chipset Features Where I can select my PCI-E Compliancy Mode where it is set to V1.0a and Init Display First to PCI Express Slot (where my GT8800 is located)

in the Boot flag remove nv_disable=1 and type in nvda_drv=1 to indicate that you have already installed the required kexts for your add-on nVidia Graphic card . This I hope will clear the boot arrest at "iobluetoothhcicontroller remains..."
You may have to later edit your Chameleon. Boot.plist to insert nvda_drv=1 flag to avoid having to type in at boot time during every reboot.
Hope this helps

I will try adding the boot flag nvda_drv=1 to my boot.
However I must note that yesterday I did a clean install of 10.10.3 to my machine since a HDD change was required. So no Nvidia Web drivers are installed on my machine at the moment. (got a faster HDD)

In order to further help myself and others, I will try to keep a log bellow with my used boot flag mixes
LOG

• Boot flag mix: nvda_drv=1 PCIRootUID=1 -v
Result: On boot both graphics and audio (So I am guessing my audio was fixed and drivers were installed correctly this time) appear on log. The same iobluetoothhcicontroller remains.

• Boot flag mix: nvda_drv=1 PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v
Result: On boot both graphics and audio appear on log. The same iobluetoothhcicontroller remains.

• Boot flag mix: -v -f -x nvda_drv=1
Result: On boot both graphics and audio appear on log. iobluetoothhcicontroller passes and then my screen goes blank (no signal message appears).

• Boot flag mix: -v -x nvda_drv=1 PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No
Result: On boot both graphics and audio appear on log. The same iobluetoothhcicontroller remains.

• Boot flag mix: -v -x -f
Result: On boot both graphics and audio appear on log. iobluetoothhcicontroller passes and then my screen goes blank (no signal message appears).
  • Boot flag mix: -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 nvda_drv=1

I think that I does worth noting that there is a invalid kext error for CPU,GPU,LPC,ACPI and it gets omitted.
AppelIntelCPUPowerManagment times out but the process continues and then the system get stuck at iobluetoothcicontroller

UPDATE
I did boot my machine with nv_disable=1 again just to try and find any kexts that might help my hang on iobluetoothhcicontroller. But I saw that the configuration on about this mac tab, have changed! Now my PC is registered as a iMac 2001 (See picture bellow) Still no sound, even if log says that there was an Audio device present during boot
Screen Shot 2015-05-31 at 1.17.20 AM.jpg

Read the guide carefully and follow it.

For Onboard Audio troubleshooting use below guides,

1. http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143750-no-sound-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

2. http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143752-no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

Should I keep my configurations SMBIOS to macpro or to iMac?

Choose the right system definition from here : http://www.everymac.com

View attachment 139233
EDIT:

Try booting with "dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -f -v"

The fix might be this:
fsck -fy
mount -uw /

These steps are unnecessary..

in the Boot flag remove nv_disable=1 and type in nvda_drv=1 to indicate that you have already installed the required kexts for your add-on nVidia Graphic card

See nvda_drv=1 is using for loading NVIDIA Web Driver. As he is not installed web driver this flag is not all required.

UPDATE
I did boot my machine with nv_disable=1 again just to try and find any kexts that might help my hang on iobluetoothhcicontroller. But I saw that the configuration on about this mac tab, have changed! Now my PC is registered as a iMac 2001 (See picture bellow) Still no sound, even if log says that there was an Audio device present during boot
View attachment 139355

nv_disable=1 will prevent the native NVIDIA drivers from loading.

For troubleshooting the Audio, use the above linked guide as per what issue you have now.

Will do. But I get confused at some steps. I'll try to be more careful

Choose the right system definition from here : http://www.everymac.com
Maybe the iMac 8,1 could do the trick http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...24-inch-aluminum-early-2008-penryn-specs.html
Or the MacPro 3,1 because of the graphics card. But I do not know if there will be any CPU erros because my machine has a Intel Core 2 Duo 775 http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/specs/mac-pro-eight-core-2.8-2008-specs.html

Try booting with "dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -f -v"

Got stuck exactly a few steps after IOBluetoothHCIController this time.

There is a problem:
GeForceSensors [Warning] (pc1) DCB header validation failed
GeForceSensors [Warning] chipset G92 (NV92) bios: 62.92.12.00

These steps are unnecessary..
Maybe in my case they are, because they did nothing. Still I believe it did worth the try

See nvda_drv=1 is using for loading NVIDIA Web Driver. As he is not installed web driver this flag is not all required.

nv_disable=1 will prevent the native NVIDIA drivers from loading.
With my fresh install, I haven't installed any nvidia drivers on my machine, hence I cannot understand why nv_disable is necessary as a boot flag for my machine but it does boot properly once present.

For troubleshooting the Audio, use the above linked guide as per what issue you have now.
Thank you very much once again, I will try to fix my audio ASAP once I get to setup my SMBios properly and I have proper graphics function from my unit. The sound is not that big of a concern as graphics (for me)

UPDATE

Well since I still unable to boot into OS X without using the flag, I started messing around with my DSDT and SMBios.

At the moment, I have made a DSDT with the use of some tools, but still get into some errors (I will upload my DSDT, SMbios and Boot file once I get home) and now I am trying to install my nvidia drivers.
Do you think that would help?
Also, could I somehow spoof my card into being recognized like a 8800GS instead of a 8800GT?
That would be awesome for comparability reasons because I would be able to perfectly set up my computer as a iMac 8,1

However, this time around, my computer does not freeze when it is boot up on the CPU setting - boot check comes up (which is good) but my monitor started showing some random vertical lines. I am guessing that might be because of my graphics card or something else? Not sure!

Other than that, I tried switching my GPU's slot (because my motherboard has two slots for GPU's) but no difference.

Thank you all

UPDATE

Did another fresh install.
This time graphics work on 1080p with easybeast installations + ALCxxx BUT
I get an CPU panic (cpu 1 caller 0xffffff7f818fe767): No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly

My build is not defined but as is, the computer is mac pro 3,1

UPDATE

Did another fresh install.
This time graphics work on 1080p with easybeast installations + ALCxxx BUT
I get an CPU panic (cpu 1 caller 0xffffff7f818fe767): No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly

My build is not defined but as is, the computer is mac pro 3,1
What is your mainboard make, model, rev and BIOS rev?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back