Contribute
Register

Greenish artifacts in FCP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, anybody solved the problem? With 10.13.6 and FCPX 10.4.3 still remains with my configuration: GA Gaming 5, NVIDIA gt 740, Intel Core i7-4790K.

I have the same problem using effects and transitions.. any can help out?

Temporary solution for me is to erase -disablegfxfirmware flag from config.plist but this way my booting time is 3x normal AND I have no quicksync (checked in MacX Video Converter Pro)... My Geekbench still shows me good results of 130-144k and BruceX takes around 12sec..

Last edited:
even i am facing same issue does any one know the solution??

Hey i did your setting
Using Nvidia or AMD
  • Set ig-platform-id to: 0x59120003
This thing in config.plist helped me to get everything working, no artefacts, final cut works perfect now, and I have quicksyn wor
Using Nvidia or AMD
This thing in config.plist helped me to get everything working, no artefacts, final cut works perfect now, and I have quicksync working.
Using Nvidia or AMD
This thing in config.plist helped me to get everything working, no artefacts, final cut works perfect now, and I have quicksync working.
Hello i did your setting but now when i am trying to export my system is getting hang ..what to do??

Hey Guys, Solution is simple, you need to downgrade from 10.4 to 10.3.6!, Problem will be solved!!!

I had the same rendering problem with FCP on my hackintosh.
Problem is in enabling hardware encoding, there is some settings in clover that needs to be made to get rid off this problem.

Fix that I found from another website(i can't link the page because of forum rules, but google it):

HOW TO FIX VIDEO RENDERING ISSUES IN FCPX HIGH SIERRA

CONFIG.PLIST CHANGES:
  1. Navigate to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/
  2. Open config.plist with Clover Configurator
  3. Select System Parameters on left-side column
  4. Verify Inject Kexts is set to Yes
  5. Select Boot on left-side column
  6. Under Custom flagsadd:
    1. AMD users:
      1. shikigva=4
      2. -rad4200
    2. Nvidia users:
      1. shikigva=12
    3. Intel iGPU-only users:
      1. shikigva=1
  7. Kaby Lake & Coffee Lake Users:
    • Select Devices on left-side column
    • Set IntelGFX box to: 0x59128086 or if using an i3-8100/i3-8350k set to: 0x59168086
    • Select Graphics on left-side column
    • Using Nvidia or AMD
    • Using Intel iGPU
      • Set ig-platform-id to: 0x59120000

These settings to clover fixed for me.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This worked for me. I had to clear the generated files in FCPX after the changes & so far I haven't had the issues anymore yet.

Using Nvidia or AMD

:clap: this has been driving me crazy also and this fixed the same issue on my machine. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back