Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been running my "Mac" for some weeks now and it almost works just how I want it. Except two things. One of them is an graphics issue. When browsing on large web sites I'll get fractals showing up on the web site. I had that issue just after the installation of OS X on the desktop as well; raising the VRAM to 1024M solved that there.

A screen shot of the issue is attached to this post.

Details about the HW:
- GPU: Built-in (HD 4000) into Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
- VRAM: 786MB according to System Information (in BIOS its set to 1024MB); The boot loader (Chimera 2) displays 101 MB video memory
- Dual-monitor setup @ Full-HD resolution
- 8 GB RAM

Can someone point me into the right direction on how to solve this issue? My MacBook Air also got a HD 4000 and it does not have those problems.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 2.11.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 2.11.55 PM.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 153
Under system report > Graphics/displays, what does it say for VRAM? should be 512mb.

Details about the HW:
- GPU: Built-in (HD 4000) into Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
- VRAM: 786MB according to System Information (in BIOS its set to 1024MB); The boot loader (Chimera 2) displays 101 MB video memory

Hi mate, I'm very new to this, but I think you need to set the vram to 64mb in bios, at least that's how I was advised to to it. If I'm not understanding the issue then I'm sure someone will let you know shortly. I have mine set to 64mb in bios and then under "about this mac" I get 512mb which is what everyone else seems to report being the correct working value.

What is your MotherBoard?
What chipset? (Z77 ?)

Anyway VRAM in the BIOS has to be 32 or 64 or 96, depending on the cases, putting in a higher value won't improve anything if your config is supposed to be set at 64. OS X will use more VRAM anyway.
Can you try each case to see if it solves it?

Under system report > Graphics/displays, what does it say for VRAM? should be 512mb.
It says 768 MB while I've allocated 1024 MB in the BIOS for the Integrated Graphics.

What is your MotherBoard?
What chipset? (Z77 ?)

Anyway VRAM in the BIOS has to be 32 or 64 or 96, depending on the cases, putting in a higher value won't improve anything if your config is supposed to be set at 64. OS X will use more VRAM anyway.
Can you try each case to see if it solves it?

Its a GA-Z77-DS3H. Raising the amount of memory dedicated to the Integrated Graphics have reduced issues with that. Initially I've used 256 MB and that caused these graphics problems on the desktop already. I've raised it to 1024 MB now and the problem only occurs on large web sites and/or text editors where I have to scroll down a few thousand lines.

The VRAM in the bios should be set at 64mb. Do not make it higher. If 64mb doesn't work you may want to try 32.

Also, do you have this in your org.chameleon.boot.plist?

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

try both of those changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back