Graphics
660ti 2gb MSI Power Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So this is interesting, and it seems to only happen when like.. for example when i connect to a server in transmit, or if i open an application. It seems to be like the straw that breaks the camels back every time, opening an app or something

When i do some action, my screen freeze, the mouse still moves, music still plays etc, I can still ssh into it from another computer. But the click doesnt change the time, i cant click anything, if the sound was muted you'd think it were totally frozen.

Of course, but, its not frozen because i can still SSH into the machine remotely.

But im curious, is there 1) a fix totally that i havent found while searching. 2) a way to reboot the UI.. or whatever, like xserver in ubuntu type thing. I could run that from ssh?

I'm using a
- GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3- MSI n660ti http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127696

I imagine this is a graphics issue. I use 2 DVI.

Let me know what more info you need from me :)

Not to think you haven't already done so, but just to be clear, are you using GE=no, have you updated the nvidia drivers from the nvidia site or are you using the stock 10.8.2 drivers? Does this happen only when you are using both dvi ports? Did you install the wrong version for usb 3.0 support? Just a thought, but if installed, you may want to try deleting the hardware sensor kexts, as quite a few people are reporting they're causing problems.

I assume that since your system initially boots ok, you can modify / rename or delete kexts in the /S/L/E folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back