Got stuck when trying to install high sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-3770k 3.50Ghz
Graphics
gigabyte geforce gtx 1050 ti windforce oc 4g
Hi everyone,

I created a bootable high sierra USB with the help of the official tonymacx86 guide, but I cant get to the bootloader. I ran the bootloader in verbose and it stalls on this line:

iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>:
Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

My setup:
- i7-3770k 3.50Ghz
- gigabyte geforce gtx 1050 ti windforce oc 4g
- asrock z77 pro4-m

I'm just booting with -v and nv_disable=1. I've set the clover SMBIOS to 14,2.

Anyone got any suggestions, I am confused :(

Thanks in advance!

My cloverconfig folder: https://we.tl/T8wrzr1hAc

Last edited:
So to be clear, you reach the boot loader (clover screen where you select what OS to boot) but after that you get an error, right?

nv_disable=1 disables the web drivers for that boot; if you don't have web drivers installed, I don't know if it does anything. your Nvidia card requires web drivers, so you would know if you installed them or not. your post suggests you're doing a clean install, which would mean you don't have the web drivers installed, and nv_disable doesn't do anything. on the other hand I see your post history you have had some success with Sierra so maybe you're upgrading a Sierra install.

none of the tools for High Sierra are mature yet. I lucked into getting high Sierra installed, I used essentially my same efi from Sierra, and the only issue I had to solve was making sure the bootable usb stick didn't include the emuvariables64_uefi.kext in /kexts. I booted using my 1060 GPU without nv_disable (the drivers didn't load because they failed the OS version check but I got VESA graphics which are crappy but sufficient to install).

your efi has 3 ethernet kexts, you probably only need 1 but I don't think that's causing the problem. you're not injecting any graphics, but if you are upgrading a Sierra system that may not be a problem; if you're doing a fresh install you may need to inject intel and disable the Nvidia card in bios temporarily. you have some USB churn, you may want to disable/temporarily remove USB stuff till you get booted up (just use USB 2 ports on the back of the machine for now). and you don't have many kexts in drivers64UEFI but you have a different board than me and that may be sufficient. Your high Sierra EFI folder should be pretty similar to your Sierra folder if you have a working Sierra folder.

Sorry to not have anything concrete, and take all this with a grain of salt as I don't have your setup. Just random possibly wrong thoughts.

Edit: maybe trying dropping MATS. This post says dropping MATS allows the installer UI to load on a Z77 board:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...nstall-on-ga-z77x-up5-th.227713/#post-1581233

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 330
I'm having the same issue. I've used https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.195077/ to create my pendrive but stucked at the same part.
I'm using -v dart=0 slide=0 nv_disable=1, using only kexts for ethernet, fakesmc and nullcpupowermanager (just in case). For the efi drivers, I've tried all 3 known OsxAptioFix with no luck. Also tried clover from rehabman and the sourceforge one, same issue.

My config.plist is attached.
is iMac 13,2 supported? I'm not sure. I think iMac 14,2 is one of the recommended SMBIOSes. Add a screenshot of your -v boot screen when it hangs.

is iMac 13,2 supported? I'm not sure. I think iMac 14,2 is one of the recommended SMBIOSes. Add a screenshot of your -v boot screen when it hangs.

AFAIK, iMac will be supported by HS starting from 10,1.
It hangs in the same place OP stated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back