Contribute
Register

Got audio to work 889 on Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
mr.s4ndm4n said:
Okay, I have my audio working in Lion, BUT only from my Logitech USB headset. When I plug in my 5.1 speakers (via the 3.5mm RCA jacks), 'Lion' does not detech that any speakers are plugged in.

Are you guys using the RCA jacks for your speakers?

yes unplug it the speaker wire from your computer reboot the lion
the plug them in

mr.s4ndm4n said:
idd said:
[quote="mr.s4ndm4n":2csznk0h]Okay, I have my audio working in Lion, BUT only from my Logitech USB headset. When I plug in my 5.1 speakers (via the 3.5mm RCA jacks), 'Lion' does not detech that any speakers are plugged in.

yes unplug it the speaker wire from your computer reboot the lion
the plug them in

Okay, I'll give this a try.

One other question though: is it okay that i'm using 'KextBeast' from the 'TonyMac Downloads' section? The 'Kext Utility' attached to your original post will not run for me.[/quote:2csznk0h]

yes used that i am gonna have to reload that again

good luck

Do you guys have your front panel audio working? I've got my other outputs popping up but can't seem to get my headphone jack to work.

Thanks!

I followed Idd's procedure exactly with one change. I read on another thread that you need to delete all the Apple HDA88x kexts which I did, not just AppleHDAKext. That worked for me and now sound in my 10.7.1. install is working fine.

What I have learnt along the way is that this forum is very helpful but each particular install has its own peculiar needs. You need to read extensively and figure out how your particular configuration will respond best. I think the most important attribute is patience and a willingness to persist until you make things work.

Thanks to all of you and those who work silently in the background giving freely of their ideas and time to educate the rest of us.

Regards

mr.s4ndm4n said:
Okay, I have my audio working in Lion, BUT only from my Logitech USB headset. When I plug in my 5.1 speakers (via the 3.5mm RCA jacks), 'Lion' does not detech that any speakers are plugged in.

yes unplug your speaker reboot you machine then plug them back in

Thanx for this thread! I love my MOBO!

If anybody is having trouble with enabling network connection after wake, I think I've stumbled onto a solution.

I added two extra network connections to my list in system preferences icon and made them manual ip connections. [(en0) and (en1)]. When boot from the HD, both connections are green. When I wake the machine from sleep one connection is still active and working.

Hope this helps!

Awesome work! Thanks for the great guide. I got it working first try.

For anyone who is having trouble with the computer not recognizing your speakers. Unplug the speaker, reboot, and plug it back in.

Thank you idd.

I deleted my applehda kext, restarted, and used kextbeast to install you kext, restarted and success.

Not using any other kext's, not from multibeast or any other source - just the applehda you provided, working good.

Thanks again.

Edit: I am noticing some minor popping every minute or so. So, not a perfect solution, but good enough for now. I wonder why the DSDT with the correct kext from multibeast is not working?

kiyyto said:
Thank you idd.

I deleted my applehda kext, restarted, and used kextbeast to install you kext, restarted and success.

Not using any other kext's, not from multibeast or any other source - just the applehda you provided, working good.

Thanks again.

Edit: I am noticing some minor popping every minute or so. So, not a perfect solution, but good enough for now. I wonder why the DSDT with the correct kext from multibeast is not working?

you may need a new a bios update or something cause on mine i don't get pop its working like a charm or maybe try doing a clean install from start and then doing everything from post 1
good luck

Thanks so much! I managed to get my HDMI audio working with this, which was almost last on my list of things to touch up on my first build. Im in mac heaven now, thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back