Contribute
Register

Gordo Build: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with 5870/6870 (Guide Linked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help, guys. I figured that was probably the issue. Unfortunately I don't have an adapter at the moment, or I would have plugged it into the graphics card - I'm getting a new monitor soon that is native HDMI and DVI anyway, so I'll just make do.
Thanks again!

Thanks Gordo.
Only issues are waking up from sleep (Mouse doesn't work) - need to search forums
Firewire doesn't work - (read onboard is not supported, but it worked for about an hour)
USB can't charge iPad - (no fix)

Just built my machine and running 10.7.3
OS X Lion 10.7.3
MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU Intel i7 2600k
COOLER Stock
GPU HD3000 (Onboard)
PSU Seasonic x750
RAM 8gb (2x4gb) G-Skill Sniper
STORAGE 128gb OCZ Vertex 3 SSD boot drive
STORAGE 1TB WD Green data drive
CASE Fractal r3 Grey

nexusplexus said:
Thanks Gordo.
Only issues are waking up from sleep (Mouse doesn't work) - need to search forums
Firewire doesn't work - (read onboard is not supported, but it worked for about an hour)
USB can't charge iPad - (no fix)

Just built my machine and running 10.7.3
OS X Lion 10.7.3
MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU Intel i7 2600k
COOLER Stock
GPU HD3000 (Onboard)
PSU Seasonic x750
RAM 8gb (2x4gb) G-Skill Sniper
STORAGE 128gb OCZ Vertex 3 SSD boot drive
STORAGE 1TB WD Green data drive
CASE Fractal r3 Grey

Look in the DSDT section of this site for USB fixes from sleep. I have never used firewire on this board, so I wouldnt know.

And for USB charging an iPad, it is a limitation of the iPad, it uses 10w on standby because of the internals and a USB port only supplies 15w MAX, so it will charge, as long as you have it locked and the screen off, and even then, it will charge very slowly.

Gordo,

I just wanted to thank you for posting your build.

I'm pretty new to building computers, so I decided I would start off by building something that has already been tried and tested. Sure enough, after searching around and uncovering your build, I decided that you had built something that is both distinctive and simultaneously Mac-like.

Although I have a few minor differences in hardware, I am more or less running the same hardware as you are (or were if you have moved on already).

So far I am very happy that I decided to follow your build (as I had a number of quirky issues with Lion, but have corrected most of them). Thus, I can only imagine how insane I would be by now if I had not mimicked your build, so thanks again for posting your monster of a computer for the Internet to see.

Happy Hackintoshing!

komet 001 said:
Gordo,

I just wanted to thank you for posting your build.

I'm pretty new to building computers, so I decided I would start off by building something that has already been tried and tested. Sure enough, after searching around and uncovering your build, I decided that you had built something that is both distinctive and simultaneously Mac-like.

Although I have a few minor differences in hardware, I am more or less running the same hardware as you are (or were if you have moved on already).

So far I am very happy that I decided to follow your build (as I had a number of quirky issues with Lion, but have corrected most of them). Thus, I can only imagine how insane I would be by now if I had not mimicked your build, so thanks again for posting your monster of a computer for the Internet to see.

Happy Hackintoshing!

:thumbup: :headbang:

Gordo, thanks for all the great info you have provided all of us. You have helped this newbie very much and I love my Hackintosh.
I have the Fractal Design Define R3 case as well and I have some questions about cooling:
1) Do you only have the 3 fans, 2 in the front and 1 in the back? None in the top?
2) Are you using Fractals variable fan controller supplied with the case?
3) All my fans are running full speed all the time, is there a solution to back them off when the computer is idling? Something tied to the bios maybe or sensitive to the case temperature?
Thanks for any help!!
Jim

Gordo,

I have a similar system. I was having trouble Chimera loading super slow. Around 32 seconds. I figured out the problem problem was CD/DVD rom ( ASUS).

:banghead:
If my DVD drive is in Intel Z68 controlled SATA ports ( Marvel chipset SATA ports are empty ) Chimera takes a longtime to give me an option to choose OS. (again 32 seconds).
All drives are recognized as SATA ports in BIOS.

:banghead:
If I plug SSD in Marvell chipset 6gb/s SATA ports Bios recognizes it as IDE drive. Defiantly I don't want that. DVD drive still in Intel Z68 controlled SATA ports, Chimera takes longtime to give me an option to choose OS. (again 32 seconds).

:!:
If my SSD and HD drives are in Intel Z68 controlled SATA ports and DVD in Marvel chipset SATA port, Bios recognizes it as IDE drive. But Chimera takes 4 seconds to give me an option to choose OS. :)
All other drives are recognized as SATA ports in BIOS.

Why is this behavior? Any idea why Bios not seeing it as SATA drive?
One more observation Windows 7 see DVD as SATA where ever you plug in.

I have the exact same setup, but after I install Lion from the Unibeast drive and try booting my Macintosh HD it goes straight to kernel panic. I have NO idea what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back