Contribute
Register

Gordo Build: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with 5870/6870 (Guide Linked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to your Profile and signature block, you have a Z77 motherboard, not a Z68 motherboard. Therefore, Gordor74's motherboard's DSDT would not work with your Z77 motherboard.

Stork said:
According to your Profile and signature block, you have a Z77 motherboard, not a Z68 motherboard. Therefore, Gordor74's motherboard's DSDT would not work with your Z77 motherboard.

I never said that my signature is the one i need help i said i just finish a NEW build and the new one is exacly the same

Then, if you have a GA-Z68X-UD3H, the DSDT is in the tonymacx86 DSDT Database.

The DSDT Database is available in the Resources pull down menu at the top right of this page.

ramirorobles said:
i just finish a build whit this mono but my Firewire are not working can you share your DSDT ???
Good luck getting onboard FW working, a great many of us can't get it going and use TI chipset add-on card instead...
If you get it MB FW going please share what you did !

What are you trying to do with your Firewire? I've got an iSight camera hooked to Zorro's back panel Firewire port, and it works just fine.

I also have a Firewire 800/400 card in several of my hackintoshs because I need the FW800 capability. I discuss my Firewire card(s) in my 1st Hackintosh build description. viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8282&start=0

Stork said:
Then, if you have a GA-Z68X-UD3H, the DSDT is in the tonymacx86 DSDT Database.

The DSDT Database is available in the Resources pull down menu at the top right of this page.

Thank you i all ready use it but FW still not working

Firewire disks don't work with the onboard Firewire 400. You can power and charge an old mechanical scroll wheel iPod off it, and apparently you can use an iSight with it, but that's it.

I would recommend buying PCI Firewire cards with a TI chipset if you need reliable Firewire. The VIA Firewire chipset this board uses is not 100% compatible with what OS X's driver expects.

I hooked up my old Canon video camera to the rear firewire port on the back of my board and imported a whole boatload of video this weekend. I know for certain the rear port will work for that. I dont know about all those other things, but for sure my camera connected.

Hey Gordo,

the link to the install guide doesnt work since migration to the new forums. Do you happen to have a new link? My build is exactly the same as yours, however I have recently updated to the F12 bios and seem to be having some goofy USB issues (anytime the machine is asleep if I unplug or plug in anything into a usb port it wakes ti from sleep).

I wanted to double check my BIOS settings against yours.

thanks!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/10-7-desk...z68x-ud3h-b3-ati-6870-clean-lion-install.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back