Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mulder- I don't have a x99 Asus board but you might try the attached EFI folder for your USB installer. It has worked well on several X99 boards.

Thanks again for your files. It works perfect now! However, I still have a question. What is the best approach to give some power management states to a 5820K? And how do I verify this? I have read many guides and posts this week, but I prefer to keep my OSX install vanilla and patch stuff solely using Clover.

Can someone make a step by step guide to a clean installation of El Capitan 10.11.5 for motherboard x99
Thanks

X99 ud5 Wi-Fi
Gtx 780

Did look at X99 systems in User Builds?

# Maintained by:N.Mano

# Credit: PikeRAlpha, RehabMan

# Compiler Options:ACPI 6.1

# File: ami_efi_clean_compile_v1.1

# X99 Gaming G1 wifi and X99 series

# Bios update F22E/F22H/F22J

#Fixed 9 Errors 64 Warnings

Attachments

• F22E All.zip
    2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Gigabyte users, check for new bios... A few weeks ago Gigabyte updated their X99 bios to support Broadwell-e. With that upgrade came USB fixes and apparently some memory map changes that appears to have fixed OsxAptio problems. I saw very nice increases in boot, restart, and shutdown times. In my case that was bios F22e, yet it was still the funky/clumsy weird orange bios interface which has sucked since the boards release. The new bios, F22g replaces the interface with a very nice easy to navigate interface that is much easier to play with... (finally all the cutesy stuff is gone)

System stability is rock solid, hoping for Apple X99 support to make this a Killer X99 platform.

Last edited:
All slot worked without "AAPL,slot-name",

Name (_SUN, 0x06) // _SUN: Slot User Number\n then 7,8,9, 0xA, 0xB... for each interesting Device

DSDT patch for X99 All in one

Get tool MaciASL

Set ACPI Specification 5.1

Before apply this patch you have to change devices name.

# 1. Under Device BR3A - Verify IOReg/H000

# 2. Rename device H000 to device IGPU

# 3. Rename device H001 to device HDA1 (Nvidia/AMD HDMI audio)

# 4. Enter Compile

# 5. Look Compile summary just click each red line and Insert IGPU and HDA1.

# I Run this patch for X99-Gaming G1 WIFI without any Errors.

0 Errors 0 Warnings

DSDT credit to RehabMan, PJALM,PikeRAlpha,Slice,Toleda and other developer patches

XHCI for USB 3

DTGP

HDEF

HDAU

HID/CID

EHC1

EHC2

HPET

RTC

IRQs

RENAMED DEVICES

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

REMOVED DEVICES

LPC

FIX WARNINGS

Hi nmano,

Great work you're doing.

I'm trying to get my PCI/PCIe cards correctly identified in System Report/Hardware/PCI (see below) as you did in DSDT.

nmano.jpg

The questions is: is it possible to do the same but in a SSDT.aml file?

I've tried to complement with the information on this site:http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=79

Thanks for your attention.

Boa sorte,
Paulo

Last edited:
BallsMcNadFrop... Been following all your posts regarding your EL Capitan installation. Have exactly the same motherboard as you (ASRock x99m Killer 3.1) and are completely new to this hackintosh. Was wondering if you would be so kind as to guide me through the process. Have tried numerous guides and simply can not even get to the installation stage. Set all kinds of BIOS settings off / on and still no luck.

Please help.

Thanking you.

After much trial and error, it works!! X99m Asrock Fatality USB 3.1 MB, OC to 4.4GHZ - Fake CPUID 0x0306E0, no xcpm - It was the bios settings that did the trick. Happy to list my full BIOS settings to anyone who is interested, also USB 3.0 is all off (don't know if that matters)

Bios Settings:

Under OC tuning - Speedstep - OFF
Under CPU Config - Cstates - All OFF

View attachment 196058

Edit - this is on 10.11.5 (also don't know if that played any part, but I doubt it)

BallsMcNadFrop... kduvernay mentioned I should ask for your help. Been following all your posts regarding your EL Capitan installation through this thread and hoping you can share your wisdom.

Have exactly the same motherboard as you (ASRock x99m Killer 3.1, 5930K, 980 TI) and am completely new to this hackintosh. Was wondering if you would be so kind as to guide me through the process. Have tried numerous guides and simply can not even get to the installation stage (Using all kinds of boot args) . Set all kinds of BIOS settings off / on and still no luck.

Purchased the GEFORCE 8400GS which i believe is the same graphics card as you to try and help, still no luck.

If you could please help, that would be so so great.

Thanking you.

Last edited:
Hi nmano,

Great work you're doing.

I'm trying to get my PCI/PCIe cards correctly identified in System Report/Hardware/PCI (see below) as you did in DSDT.

View attachment 197433

The questions is: is it possible to do the same but in a SSDT.aml file?

I've tried to complement with the information on this site:http://www.rampagedev.com/?page_id=79

Thanks for your attention.

Boa sorte,
Paulo
I don't use SSDT
DSDT support string too.
Just one layer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 8.38.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 8.38.10 AM.png
    231.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
BallsMcNadFrop... kduvernay mentioned I should ask for your help. Been following all your posts regarding your EL Capitan installation through this thread and hoping you can share your wisdom.

Have exactly the same motherboard as you (ASRock x99m Killer 3.1, 5930K, 980 TI) and am completely new to this hackintosh. Was wondering if you would be so kind as to guide me through the process. Have tried numerous guides and simply can not even get to the installation stage (Using all kinds of boot args) . Set all kinds of BIOS settings off / on and still no luck.

Purchased the GEFORCE 8400GS which i believe is the same graphics card as you to try and help, still no luck.

If you could please help, that would be so so great.

Thanking you.

Cackland, can you post an image of where exactly you are getting a kernel panic (if any) - Also it would help to see what kexts you are loading and the preliminary drivers as well. Also, what version are you shooting for? Happy to help you through it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back