Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cackland, can you post an image of where exactly you are getting a kernel panic (if any) - Also it would help to see what kexts you are loading and the preliminary drivers as well. Also, what version are you shooting for? Happy to help you through it.
Might help Cackland to post complete pics of UEFI settings and your config.plist if you can.

X99 DSDT Patch for AppleLPC
Thanks RehapMan.
Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 7.54.53 PM.png

Attachments

• LPC0.zip
    969 bytes · Views: 126
Last edited:
Thanks BallsMcNadFrop, would really appreciate your help.

Here are the steps I take:

Disk Utility: Partition Drive - Mac OS Extended (Journaled) - Options (GUID Partition Table)
Unibeast 6.2.0: Installed El Capitan (UEFI Boot Mode) (Incl - Inject NVIDIA - Graphics Card GEFORCE 8400 GS)
EFI Mounter: Copied Kexts into EFI > Clover > kexts >10.11 (Please see reference file)
Drivers64UEFI: Installed (Please see reference file)
Clover Configurator: Edited (Please see reference file)

Then I reboot into BIOS: Loaded: BIOS DEFAULTS (Secure Boot: Disabled, VT-D: Disabled, Thunderbolt: Disabled, Serial Port: Disabled, Intel USB 3.0: Disabled, Legacy USB Support: Disabled, USB 3 Controller: Disabled, USB Compatibility Patch: Disabled)

Boot from USB (Unibeast) and then can't even get into the installer. Screen just hangs on this screen (Please see reference file) or quits.

Am I completely doing the whole process wrong? If so, please treat me like a dummy. lol

Thanks heaps

Attachments

• KEXTS.png
    KEXTS.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Drivers64UEFI.png
    Drivers64UEFI.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 151
  • config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Sorry here it is the screen image.

Attachments

• SCREEN.JPG
    SCREEN.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 147
  • SCREEN.JPG
    SCREEN.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 145
Sorry here it is the screen image.

I'm just curious what Bluetooth/wireless card you are using if any. These were my boot flags for my usb install using clover boot loader: "GraphicsEnabler=Yes and nvda_drv=1, npci=3000" with the NVIDIA 8800 - also for bios make sure secure boot is off, the usb stuff looks good. I haven't had a chance to look at your EFI folders yet but will tomorrow and will edit this.

"GraphicsEnabler=Yes" isn't a valid Clover boot flag, no reason to use it... Also cackland, why are you using a MBP symbios for your X99 desktop? Change it to MacPro5,1 for your installer or better yet, remove the complete symbios section in your config.plist.

"GraphicsEnabler=Yes" isn't a valid Clover boot flag, no reason to use it... Also cackland, why are you using a MBP symbios for your X99 desktop? Change it to MacPro5,1 for your installer or better yet, remove the complete symbios section in your config.plist.

Apologies, must of selected the wrong setting.

I'm not using any Bluetooth / Wireless card. I'll change the config.list settings with MacPro5,1 and see if there is a change.

BallsMcNadFrop & kduvernay

So I just updated the config.list (Attached) and the same message regarding Bluetooth Controller missing with same screen freeze. (pic attached)

Am I missing something significant during the installation process / drivers / kexts etc?

Attachments

• Screen Again.JPG
    Screen Again.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 133
  • config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 228
Apologies, must of selected the wrong setting.

I'm not using any Bluetooth / Wireless card. I'll change the config.list settings with MacPro5,1 and see if there is a change.
If that doesn't work try this config.plist

config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 284
Kduvernay - just replaced the old config.list with the new one you provided and it came up with this.

Attachments

• IMG_3378.JPG
    IMG_3378.JPG
    991.2 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back