Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5820k CPUID‎ ‎is 306F2. Clover understands that so if you want to use 306F2 don't modify FakeCPUID (0x000000). Though you'll not get the CPU to max using those settings.

The 5820k CPUID‎ ‎is 306F2. Clover understands that so to use the default don't modify FakeCPUID (0x000000)

Then what is all this business about 0x306E0? or E4? Also, can you enlighten me as to what you are using for your kernel patch options and what is recommended if anything? Much appreciated as always!

Then what is all this business about 0x306E0? or E4? Also, can you enlighten me as to what you are using for your kernel patch options and what is recommended if anything? Much appreciated as always!
On Asus and Gig X99 boards (0x0306E0 - E4) with null will get the cpu to run at max, all the info is here in the X99 threads. There's no reason to patch the kernel...

Because of ASRocks strange bios I find it doubtful you'll able to make it happen. Same problem with EVGA, nice board but bios sucks. Ultimately you'll end up three options.
1. Live with it until Apple builds in X99 support, if they ever do.
2. Switch to a Asus or Gig board.
3. Hope that a future ASRock bios update fixes the problem.

On Asus and Gig X99 boards (0x0306E0 - E4) with null will get the cpu to run at max, all the info is here in the X99 threads. There's no reason to patch the kernel...

Because of ASRocks strange bios I find it doubtful you'll able to make it happen. Same problem with EVGA, nice board but bios sucks. Ultimately you'll end up three options.
1. Live with it until Apple builds in X99 support, if they ever do.
2. Switch to a Asus or Gig board.
3. Hope that a future ASRock bios update fixes the problem.

Well being that at some point in the past people couldn't get those boards to work either without the magical E0, I think I'll just keep trying. The fact that I've gotten the cpu to overclock without xcpm gives me hope. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

I change now DTGP UUID to x99

Now All slots show in system report in PCI

_DSM for PCI Express Slot Information

Arguments:

If (LEqual (Arg0, ToUUID ("e5c937d0-3553-4d7a-9117-ea4d19c3434d")))\n

I modify for x99gaming G1

Set ACPI Specification 5.1

# Maintained by:N.Mano

# Credit: PikeRAlpha, RehabMan

Attachments

• X99series-Clean_Compile.txt
    11 KB · Views: 234
Well being that at some point in the past people couldn't get those boards to work either without the magical E0, I think I'll just keep trying. But thanks for the vote of confidence.

Arguments:

NMANO, other then displaying correctly in system report is there any additional benefit to this?

Arguments:

Thank you nmano, there are cool stuff in this patch.
Why using DTGP at all? The DSDT patch is used only to boot mac in Clover, so DTGP is really not needed…

Also, I have one optimization challenge:
After sleep, Geek Bench is always about 30 to 40 point lower than the result obtained before the first sleep (if I have the computer to sleep again then wake up, the result is the same, it is not decreasing more and more after each sleep).

The sleep/wake process in DSDT is changing something, and I wonder if there is a way to tweak the DSDT to fix that.

Thank you nmano, there are cool stuff in this patch.
Why using DTGP at all? The DSDT patch is used only to boot mac in Clover, so DTGP is really not needed…

Also, I have one optimization challenge:
After sleep, Geek Bench is always about 30 to 40 point lower than the result obtained before the first sleep (if I have the computer to sleep again then wake up, the result is the same, it is not decreasing more and more after each sleep).

The sleep/wake process in DSDT is changing something, and I wonder if there is a way to tweak the DSDT to fix that.
I try slot information with out SSDT or string(with DSDT)
"AAPL,slot-name",
Buffer (0x07)
{
"Slot-1"
},
If anyone worked via DSDT show slot information please confirm?
I thing with out DTGP better Geek Bench score

After much trial and error, it works!! X99m Asrock Fatality USB 3.1 MB, OC to 4.4GHZ - Fake CPUID 0x0306E0, no xcpm - It was the bios settings that did the trick. Happy to list my full BIOS settings to anyone who is interested, also USB 3.0 is all off (don't know if that matters)

Bios Settings:

Under OC tuning - Speedstep - OFF
Under CPU Config - Cstates - All OFF

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 9.01.45 AM.png

Edit - this is on 10.11.5 (also don't know if that played any part, but I doubt it)

Last edited:
I'm about to try OS X on an Asus X99 Deluxe. I'm not all into that DSDT patching. Bolemo, your DSDT is for BIOS 3004. Did you by any chance already upgrade to 3101? It's supposed to be more stable, some fan problems fixed. Do you also have a DSDT for that revision, you could share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back