Contribute
Register

"gioscreenlockstate 3" Error on High Sierra (10.13.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Envy Phoenix h9-1405a
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770
Graphics
MSI GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys. Recently, I've decided to update to High Sierra (from Sierra) and the update went fine until it came to the first boot where you setup the account. I would always get a loading spinner that would overlap itself every 4 - 5 seconds. When starting with "-v" I would always get "IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1," and "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0".

However, I can access it via changing the "Fake ID" in Clover's Graphics Settings to "0x12345678". Obviously though, this would have major graphics issues. I can boot fine (with the fake id set to 0x00000000) if I have the integrated graphics enabled with the Intel HD 4000 set as boot and both "Inject Nvidia" and "Inject Intel" is enabled in Clover's Graphics Settings, the only issue is that the cursor is the only thing that shows up (but reacts to things such as the password text box on the lock screen).

I've tried a clean install (which is what I'm on now), Installing Nvidia Web Drivers (I've never had to do that, didnt work anyway), booting with and without the integrated graphics enabled, and probably every combination with the graphic settings.

Anyone know a fix? I have the latest lilu.kext and the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in the "Other" folder.

I can access it via changing the "Fake ID" in Clover's Graphics Settings to "0x12345678". Obviously though, this would have major graphics issues. I can boot fine (with the fake id set to 0x00000000) if I have the integrated graphics enabled with the Intel HD 4000 set as boot and both "Inject Nvidia" and "Inject Intel" is enabled in Clover's Graphics Settings
Disable Inject Nvidia.
The GT 640 works out of the box with full acceleration with native drivers and NO injection.
I have the latest lilu.kext and the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in the "Other" folder.
You should add IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

All I get now is a row of +s... Any ideas?

EDIT: I get "Error allocating ... pages at ... alloc type 2" if booting with "-x"

Last edited:
For the row of plus signs you could try replacing VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
That didn't work. I recreated the USB with Unibeast for HS and it seems I'm back to the error I was stuck on in the first place. (Some reason it skips the Clover boot screen, but I'll figure it out.)

Update: Got into the installer! Using "dart=0" as boot args, and I did try Injecting Nvidia even though I don't have to, and it worked for the installer? I'll post an update when it actually finishes installing.

Last edited:
The installer passed, first boot into HS is the same error.

Update: Booted with "dart=0 nv_disable=1" and.... it worked! Though I have Graphics Issues. (no blurring on dock, etc. and Lock Screen has weird lines when it's doing something.)

Last edited:
bump. I can only boot with "nv_disable=1" right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back