Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H Build Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now installed the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from Multibeast 7.1.1.

I've set the Energy Saver to kick in with "Computer Sleep" one hour after I leave it. Certainly the display has come back after sleeping, now to see if the computer itself works. :banghead:

One day at a time...

So far its been nearly two weeks and (touch wood), no issues.

No random freezes BUT I have turned off sleep as my machine is being heavily used for database work and some of the runs are 2-3 days long.

I have not upgraded to 10.10.2 and use the XMP Profile 1. No overclocking, and as few kexts as I can get away with. My major difference is I am AMD based for graphics as opposed to nVidia.

Rob

Hey vibes I found your build from searching around and noticed we have indentical setups
motherboard graphics processor etc.

my problem is that I have no sound working from my motherboard and when I use my focus rite 18i8 I get distortion after about 5 minutes of work

im wondering if you would send me your bios settings and any tips you have to make the sound work
i would really appreciate your time and any help you could offer

Cheers
Ty

Hey vibes I found your build from searching around and noticed we have indentical setups
motherboard graphics processor etc.

my problem is that I have no sound working from my motherboard and when I use my focus rite 18i8 I get distortion after about 5 minutes of work

im wondering if you would send me your bios settings and any tips you have to make the sound work
i would really appreciate your time and any help you could offer

Cheers
Ty

Hi,
I removed the genericUSB kext from extensions folder and my focusrite works like a charm...no distortion/crackles anymore.
BIOS updated to latest version F9, optimised defaults with XMP profile 2, Vt-D+Wake on LAN+onboard Audio and Graphics disabled. I really had to upgrade the BIOS because Gigabyte mobo and 4 dimms of ram were a problem...

Hope it works for you too,

Cheers

Specs:
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
i7 4770k
32GB Corsair Vengeance
GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Samsung SSD
WD SATA 4TB

We are having 2 issues. The first one being the bigger problem.

1. The machine keeps freezing randomly. I have been over all the 4 sticks of RAM stuff (decreased to 1 or 2 sticks still freezes), increased voltages and removed the various kext files but it seems to be freezing regardless. Sometimes its after 10-15 minutes other times it can go an hour. We have replaced RAM, Power Supply and the motherboard (went from z87x-ud5h to the 97). Also I have disabled the onboard GFX, Ethernet and Audio. With all of them off it still freezes randomly. The only part left to try to replace is the GFX card, so we are debating on doing that. Does anyone think this would be helpful at all? Another note thatI find very very odd is that when the computer freezes if I unplug (or plug in) a ethernet cord into the onboard plug on the motherboard the computer will instantly restart it self (power off and on) this only happens when it is stuck in a frozen state. Crazy right?! Any ideas are greatly appreciated. We are also debating a full OS reinstall, I am doubting the usefulness of that, but if anyone thinks its worth a shot I would love to hear your ideas!

2. This one seems less crazy and maybe someone can point me in the right direction but I cant seem to get the HDMI port to work on the 770, DVI and display port seem fine though. Any Thoughts?

-----
This build started with a Z87X-UD5H and was suffering from the same freezing problem I described. So we replaced it with the Z97X and still suffer from the same issue. The HDMI issue is only a problem on the Z97X. At the time of the Z87X build I actually built 2 identical computers, one has freezing issues constantly the other is working fine without any major issues. Exact same parts.

Any thoughts? thanks!

I have the same MB and I have experienced the same problem you have when using Unibeast install method. I switched to Clover and everything seam to work the way it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back