Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

F20a should work with SetupVirtualMap according to this post.

Because I've retired my Z690 Aero G, let me ask this question:
  • Is SetupVirtualMap compatible with BIOS versions prior to F20a?
  • If it is, then I can enable this Booter quirk in future EFI folders (and update the previously posted 0.8.3 folder).
Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 7.47.42 AM.png

• If it is, then I can enable this Booter quirk in future EFI folders (and update the previously posted 0.8.3 folder).
View attachment 552977
Prior F20a, w/wo SetupVirtualMap all worked.
After, SetupVirtualMap is necessary.

So F20a, isn't compatible? You confirmed that?
I was never certain whether my problem was solved by rolling back the BIOS to version 6, or by enabling SetupVirtualMap, but it sounds as if I could have kept the 20a BIOS and enabling SetupVirtualMap would have done the trick.

@CaseySJ

Another data point:

I'm using BIOS F6, and it boots fine with or without SetupVirtualMap enabled. I had been running with SetupVirtualMap disabled.

OC 0.8.3, Monterey 12.5, public beta 3 Ventura

@CaseySJ

Another data point:

I'm using BIOS F6, and it boots fine with or without SetupVirtualMap enabled. I had been running with SetupVirtualMap disabled.

OC 0.8.3, Monterey 12.5, public beta 3 Ventura
Yesterday I updated the OpenCore 0.8.3 guide in this thread with the release version, and enabled SetupVirtualMap. I also disabled USBWakeFixup.kext to avoid faulty Bluetooth on wake from sleep.

** Ventura Public Beta #3 Sleep Problem **

If you're running Ventura Public Beta #3, please see this post regarding sleep/wake:

Last edited:
Hello forum,

Is anybody aware of an OpenCore setting that would force the password protected login screen in MacOS? I have enabled automatic login for my account in Settings in MacOS, but I am still getting the password entry screen when I boot from the OpenCore picker.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Hello forum,

Is anybody aware of an OpenCore setting that would force the password protected login screen in MacOS? I have enabled automatic login for my account in Settings in MacOS, but I am still getting the password entry screen when I boot from the OpenCore picker.

Thank you for any help you can offer!
isn't a macOS feature ? Or I don't get what you mean
My Hacking boots MacOS with OC & MacOS automatically Logs in ....

Back