Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Now let's do the following because you started with OC 0.7.7:
  • Backup or rename the EFI folder. We'll replace it with a completely different one.
  • Download the OpenCore 0.8.3-PRE EFI folder and follow the guidance provided in this post.
    • Be sure to copy serial numbers to the new config.plist
  • Change SecureBootModel to Default if it's not already set to that.
  • Now let's boot using the new EFI folder and make sure everything is okay with current build. Then attempt the Monterey 12.5 upgrade.
If this is not a new system, make a full bootable backup of your current macOS system before proceeding.
OK,

I did as you suggested and used the new 0.8.3 EFI folder with modifications per the post. I had the same problem with booting: attaching the error log and new config.plist file.

I really appreciate your help, CaseySJ!

Attachments

• ErrorLog2.jpg
    ErrorLog2.jpg
    689.8 KB · Views: 36
  • config.plist
    31.7 KB · Views: 23
OK,

I did as you suggested and used the new 0.8.3 EFI folder with modifications per the post. I had the same problem with booting: attaching the error log and new config.plist file.

I really appreciate your help, CaseySJ!
If you are running the latest Gigabyte BIOS, try enabling SetupVirtualMap.

OK,

I am using the latest BIOS (20a), so I will try that when I get home.

Thank you!
The latest BIOS may not be compatible. SetipVirtualMap should be enabled already.

The latest BIOS may not be compatible. SetipVirtualMap should be enabled already.
Ultimately I flashed the Gigabyte BIOS back to version 6, and also enabled SetupVirtualMap in the config.plist, and then I was able to boot the installer from the USB drive.

The build is up and running now. Thanks so much to both of you for your help!

** OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0 has been released **
Open the "Preferences" dialog and set it to 0.8.3 Release Configuration as shown​

If you're using OpenCore 0.8.3 and seeing OCS Schema: LegacyEnable warnings during boot, simply open your config.plist in OpenCore Configurator 2.62.0.0, ensure that the application is set to "0.8.3 Release Configuration", then click through each of the main headings on the left side without making any changes :

• ACPI
  • Booter
  • DeviceProperties
  • Kernel
Then save the file (CMD-S). On reboot, the LegacyEnable warning will disappear.
Screenshot 2022-08-10 at 1.00.31 PM.png

Last edited:
Hello Forum,

I am running Monterey 12.5 on CaseySJ's build, and whenever I plug my Ethernet cable into the Z690 Aero's Ethernet port, the system crashes and reboots within 30-60 seconds.

In System Information I can see that the OS is recognizing the native Intel Ethernet module, and has assigned the correct AppleEthernet driver per CaseySJ's post-installation checklist. However, the system simply will not stay powered on with the Ethernet cable plugged in.

I can connect to the internet via WiFi with no problem, and normal system stability.

Have any of you experienced this, or know of a solution?

Thank you in advance!

Hello Forum,

I am running Monterey 12.5 on CaseySJ's build, and whenever I plug my ethernet cable into the Z690 Aero's ethernet port, the system crashes and reboots within 30-60 seconds.

In System Information I can see that the OS is recognizing the native Intel ethernet module, and has assigned the correct AppleEthernet driver per CaseySJ's post-installation checklist. However, the system simply will not stay powered on with the ethernet cable plugged in.

I can connect to the internet via WiFi with no problem, and normal system stability.

Have any of you experienced this, or know of a solution?

Thank you in advance!
Quick question: Is AppleVTD enabled? If so, it should appear near the top of the device tree in IORegistryExplorer.

Quick question: Is AppleVTD enabled? If so, it should appear near the top of the device tree in IORegistryExplorer.
I don't see AppleVTD listed there, so I will follow your instructions to enable it, and then report back.

Thank you!

Ultimately I flashed the Gigabyte BIOS back to version 6, and also enabled SetupVirtualMap in the config.plist, and then I was able to boot the installer from the USB drive.

The build is up and running now. Thanks so much to both of you for your help!
So F20a, isn't compatible? You confirmed that?

Back