Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hello forum,

Is anybody aware of an OpenCore setting that would force the password protected login screen in MacOS? I have enabled automatic login for my account in Settings in MacOS, but I am still getting the password entry screen when I boot from the OpenCore picker.

Thank you for any help you can offer!
@DocMeattey

As previously responded to, this is strictly controlled by macOS. This is not controlled by OpenCore. There is no OpenCore setting. If you have auto login set up properly I can't think of a situation where this wouldn't work on your hackintosh as expected.

@DocMeattey

As previously responded to, this is strictly controlled by macOS. This is not controlled by OpenCore. There is no OpenCore setting. If you have auto login set up properly I can't think of a situation where this wouldn't work on your hackintosh as expected.
I thought as much, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks to you both!

Any status on flashing a Maple Ridge card like the flashed Titan Ridge cards?

My flashed Titan Ridge card works OK on this system. However, since the Maple Ridge card is the latest Thunderbolt, I would think there would be an effort to flash the Maple Ridge card.

Any status on flashing a Maple Ridge card like the flashed Titan Ridge cards?

My flashed Titan Ridge card works OK on this system. However, since the Maple Ridge card is the latest Thunderbolt, I would think there would be an effort to flash the Maple Ridge card.
We tried flashing the Thunderbolt chip on GC-Maple Ridge, but were not successful. Several permutations were attempted before we gave up. If we could see an actual macOS version of the Maple Ridge firmware, we would have better odds, but macOS does not support Maple Ridge at this time.

In case anyone is interested, Gigabyte BIOS F8 is out of beta (no longer F8a).

I’ve installed it without issues.

I updated the BIOS in the Z690 Aero G DD4 to F8. It would not boot using the latest EFI for .83. SetupVirtualmap was checked. The following message appeared. I reverted to F7 and the system does boot but the failed to drop acpi... message still appears. It boots into Monterey and the latest beta of Ventura. I never had this message before.

1661318524292.jpeg

I updated the BIOS in the Z690 Aero G DD4 to F8. It would not boot using the latest EFI for .83. SetupVirtualmap was checked. The following message appeared. I reverted to F7 and the system does boot but the failed to drop acpi... message still appears. It boots into Monterey and the latest beta of Ventura. I never had this message before.

View attachment 553633
That is the DMAR table spelled backwards. Please post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator —> ACPI —> Patch.

That is the DMAR table spelled backwards. Please post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator —> ACPI —> Patch.

Here is the screen shot.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 at 8.44.46 AM.png

Back