Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

yes, i experienced same issue: address is null, you need to enable HS14, you can check the the first page to enable all usb ports.
@CaseySJ @Sn0wMan

I wonder what is going wrong.
USBInjectAll is enabled
SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS-HS14.aml is enabled with XhciPortLimit.
All Bluetooh Kexts are disabled.

I guess this method doesnt work on Z690i Aorus
even though HS14 does contain the module as seen in Hackintool:
1642090928231.png

1642090939336.png

@CaseySJ @Sn0wMan

I wonder what is going wrong.
USBInjectAll is enabled
SSDT-UIAC-Z690-AERO-G-ALL-PORTS-HS14.aml is enabled with XhciPortLimit.
All Bluetooh Kexts are disabled.

I guess this method doesnt work on Z690i Aorus
even though HS14 does contain the module as seen in Hackintool:
View attachment 539135
View attachment 539136
Curious why it says BCM_4350C2. Is this a BCM94350 or BCM94352 module instead of a BCM94360NG module?

BCM94350 and BCM94352 are not natively supported in macOS.

Last edited:
Curious why it says BCM_4350C2. Is this a BCM94350 or BCM94352 module instead of a BCM94360NG module?

BCM94350 and BCM94352 are not natively supported in macOS.
can changing the SMBIOS help maybe? which one do you recommend?

Yes it does! :)
@CaseySJ
I've been slowly acquiring parts for my new build, after sitting on the fence the last couple of months... the ASUS ProArt Z690-Creator WiFi has been purchased and is due to arrive early Feb! Going with the i9 for CPU. Hoping the good luck with this board continues!

@CaseySJ tried changing to iMac20,1 with no success.
I'm starting to think this is not a genuine BCM94360NG.
Even though Wireless Works out of the box without AirPort kext unlike my other modules.

Need to look for updates in https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1821

Is there a way to FakePCId the module? making the os think its an BCM94360NG?

@beelzebozo

Correction!

Apple's TB-to-GbE adapter works on GC-Titan Ridge through Apple TB2-to-TB3 adapter when connected before boot. I have AppleVTD enabled and system is running Monterey 12.2 beta.

This is on Gigabyte Z690 Aero G with SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-V6 and _PTS to XPTS patch.
View attachment 539106
View attachment 539107
My TB device connects on cold boot as well but hot plug doesn’t work
@beelzebozo

Correction!

Apple's TB-to-GbE adapter works on GC-Titan Ridge through Apple TB2-to-TB3 adapter when connected before boot. I have AppleVTD enabled and system is running Monterey 12.2 beta.

This is on Gigabyte Z690 Aero G with SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-V6 and _PTS to XPTS patch.
View attachment 539106
View attachment 539107
Nice.

Don't think my TB device hot-plug will work in macOS. It also doesn't happen in Windows 11 on this z690 mobo.

@CaseySJ tried changing to iMac20,1 with no success.
I'm starting to think this is not a genuine BCM94360NG.
Even though Wireless Works out of the box without AirPort kext unlike my other modules.

Need to look for updates in https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1821

Is there a way to FakePCId the module? making the os think its an BCM94360NG?
It would be insightful to post a screenshot of IORegistryExplorer showing the device ID of the card/module.

I use a Fenvi BCM94360NG in my AMD Ryzen B550 build. That one works like a champ with and without BRCM kexts.

@CaseySJ
I've been slowly acquiring parts for my new build, after sitting on the fence the last couple of months... the ASUS ProArt Z690-Creator WiFi has been purchased and is due to arrive early Feb! Going with the i9 for CPU. Hoping the good luck with this board continues!

I’ve been capturing and annotating screenshots in preparation for the build write-up. The EFI folder is ready. Build guide should be up in a couple of days.

Hi, im going to build my first hakintosh for my wife, im looking for this motherboard :

ASUS ATX TUF Gaming Z690-PLUS WIFI D4

Its compatible with the 12700k for building?
Thanks for your help :)
Welcome, but this is the wrong thread for asking about an Asus TUF motherboard.
A search in the general Z690 thread shows there are at least two users with the board you consider:
It should work. We have not yet found a Z690 board which doesn't.

Back