Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hey, I also have a BCM94360NG, connected to my HS14
How can you use Bluetooth on Monterey without BlueToolFixup?
I'm Also having AirDrop issues but removing BlueToolFixup will cause Bluetooth to completeley stop working
This was added to Post 1 yesterday:

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 2.51.13 PM.png

Casey, I believe I read before that you mentioned there were some BIOS issues with the Gigabyte board.

Is that still the case? I'm speccing up an Alder Lake build but I'm seeing quite a few different boards being used by people. There aren't many builds though so it's difficult to narrow down which board is the best option to go for.
The Gigabyte BIOS currently has issues with USB 2.0 device connection on 2 or 3 ports (HS01, HS03, and HS05). I say "2 or 3" because some users have issues with 2 ports while I have issues with all 3.

The Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi is more expensive and requires (expensive) DDR5 memory, but I've already created a fully-functional Hackintosh with it. It does limit us to 15 USB ports, however. Enabling more than 15 ports can lead to USB 2.0 device issues. Perhaps a future version of "XhciPortLimit" quirk can fix this??

I can still recommend both of these boards:
  • DDR4 memory --> Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
  • DDR5 memory --> Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi

I tested the V6 SSDT for GC-Maple Ridge yesterday (with the ACPI patch for _PTS to XPTS) successfully with two different Thunderbolt 3 docks. It’s a bit tricky to activate hot plug, as follows:
  • Boot system without the dock connected, and log in.
  • Open IORegistryExplorer and scroll down to RP05.
  • Now plug the dock into either of the two Thunderbolt ports.
  • It won't work yet.
  • Wait 5-10 seconds.
  • Disconnect the Thunderbolt cable from rear IO panel.
  • Connect Thunderbolt cable to the otherThunderbolt port.
  • Wait 10-15 seconds. It may not work yet either.
  • If it does not connect, remove Thunderbolt cable from rear IO panel and connect it back to the first Thunderbolt port.
  • Wait 10-15 seconds. It should connect...
The controller may or may not wake from sleep.
Thunderbolt Port shows up without anything connected now, but no hot-plug. Keep in mind I'm plugging a TB2 (device) cable to Apple TB3 adapter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 18.22.38.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 18.22.38.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Z690-AERO-G-DDR4_RP05_TBNode.iojones
    4.8 MB · Views: 49
Thunderbolt Port shows up without anything connected now, but no hot-plug. Keep in mind I'm plugging a TB2 (device) cable to Apple TB3 adapter.
Unfortunately, I also had no luck with devices connected via TB2-to-TB3 adapter on GC-Maple Ridge. The same device works with GC-Titan Ridge.

@beelzebozo

Correction!

Apple's TB-to-GbE adapter works on GC-Titan Ridge through Apple TB2-to-TB3 adapter when connected before boot. I have AppleVTD enabled and system is running Monterey 12.2 beta.

This is on Gigabyte Z690 Aero G with SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-V6 and _PTS to XPTS patch.
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 5.12.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 5.16.05 PM.png

Hi, anyone tested the same board with 12900k work as well ?
Thanks !!

Hi, im going to build my first hakintosh for my wife, im looking for this motherboard :

ASUS ATX TUF Gaming Z690-PLUS WIFI D4

Its compatible with the 12700k for building?
Thanks for your help :)

Back