Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

I should mention that I posted those thoughts about an Alder Lake Hackintosh after watching this:
I’m still a fan of Snazzy Labs. I just believe he thought only one move ahead when creating this video.
I commented on the video that one should refer to this site in building an Alder Lake machine, to which he gave a disparaging reply, completely unnecessarily.

It seems Hackintosh expands the market for Apple products. It brings more people into the Apple ecosystem — people that might otherwise have cursed Apple for lack of affordable and/or modular and/or non-thermally constrained systems and moved entirely away to other platforms.
Apple has only two solutions about MacPro future. First back to Intel CPUs maybe HEDT/Intel X699 in one or two years. Second ...left this market.

I commented on the video that one should refer to this site in building an Alder Lake machine, to which he gave a disparaging reply, completely unnecessarily.
Thank you for letting us know. This reflects poorly on him.

Last edited:
Just updated Alternatives to Sidecar. Luna Display works on Hackintosh after all, but needs Platform ID 0x3E9B0007 on a supported iGPU.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ
1639327130099.png

the GPRW patch does fix the insta-wake. but on 2nd wake, the hack crashes

Which BIOS are you running? F5b was released 2 days ago but I'm not sure if it's a "capsule" BIOS that cannot be downgraded.

Given the problems I encountered with OLOy 3600MHz CL14 RAM, it's nice to see the new BIOS F5b released two days ago. But not sure if it's a "capsule" BIOS that cannot be downgraded.

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 10.21.36 AM.png

No the software has not worked for at least this version of Catalina I run perhaps a version or two back before, I see the prohibited sign on the Firewave.app. It is the device that just works it has a firewire connection to the OS and it continues to work every day, day in day out without fail. I would think until Apple drops support for the the firewire interface.
You can try to run it using Show Package Contents, Contents/MacOS/ and run the executable in terminal, double clicking it will do.

Back