Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hello @CaseySJ,

Thanks for your inputs!
Unfortunately, ErP does not do any difference (whether Enabled or Disabled).
The Thunderbolt devices used are the Apple Firewire adapter and UAD Apollo Twin (grey). Both connected by the Apple Thunderbolt 3 -> 2 adapter (also tried another adapter to exclude malfunctioning from a bad adapter).

Have you tested that shutdown i working properly on your machine?
I have Apple TB3-to-TB2 adapter and Apple TB to GbE adapter (not FireWire) so I’ll test shutdown shortly.

Hi CaseySJ (or anyone else who knows better than me )

I am having an issue with Aero G (F6a/b) + Titan Ridge Rev. 1 (tested with the modded roms from your link and OC 076/77).

Any attached Thunderbolt device works perfectly, but prevents the machine from shutting down properly and causes a reboot until the Thunderbolt device is disconnected. Do you have a clue of what is causing this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Sometimes it is like that. This Thunderbolt device wakes the computer. Before turning off the computer, turn off the Thunderbolt (power OF) device.

Hello @CaseySJ,

Thanks for your inputs!
Unfortunately, ErP does not do any difference (whether Enabled or Disabled).
The Thunderbolt devices used are the Apple Firewire adapter and UAD Apollo Twin (grey). Both connected by the Apple Thunderbolt 3 -> 2 adapter (also tried another adapter to exclude malfunctioning from a bad adapter).

Have you tested that shutdown i working properly on your machine?

I have Apple TB3-to-TB2 adapter and Apple TB to GbE adapter (not FireWire) so I’ll test shutdown shortly.
Some observations:
  • I can reproduce the problem you reported when using my Apple TB3-to-TB2 adapter.
  • System will shutdown for 2-3 seconds, then restart. This will happen even if we press Power button in BIOS to shutdown the system.
  • I tried several BIOS modifications to both Thunderbolt and Platform Power settings, but they didn't help.
At this time it will be necessary to unplug the Apple TB3-to-TB2 adapter before shutting down. I'll add this note to Post 1.

Update: This happens with any Thunderbolt device connected to a flashed GC-Titan Ridge.

Last edited:
** Question for Z690 Aero G Owners **

If you are running Monterey 12.1 (release version) can you please check the following:
  1. If SecureBootModel is set to Default, does your Intel i225-V Ethernet port show up in System Information?
  2. If SecureBootModel is set to Disabled, does your Intel i225-V Ethernet port show up?
In my case, only option 2 causes the Ethernet port to activate. I'm currently on BIOS F6b.

Update: Ouch, it was just a strange glitch in the system. Anyway, if you experience this problem, try option 2 then option 1.

** Question for Z690 Aero G Owners **

If you are running Monterey 12.1 (release version) can you please check the following:
  1. If SecureBootModel is set to Default, does your Intel i225-V Ethernet port show up in System Information?
  2. If SecureBootModel is set to Disabled, does your Intel i225-V Ethernet port show up?
In my case, only option 2 causes the Ethernet port to activate. I'm currently on BIOS F6b.

Update: Ouch, it was just a strange glitch in the system. Anyway, if you experience this problem, try option 2 then option 1.
My i225-V as-well stops working from time to time, it affects Windows aswell.
I have to take the power cord out and wait a bit, restart wont help. so far it happened twice in two weeks.
eyes on the ASUS z690i unfortunately.

On another note @CaseySJ
I'm seeing this when firing up the system (using your EFI) any suggestions?
1639511493668.png

My i225-V as-well stops working from time to time, it affects Windows aswell.
I have to take the power cord out and wait a bit, restart wont help. so far it happened twice in two weeks.
eyes on the ASUS z690i unfortunately.

On another note @CaseySJ
I'm seeing this when firing up the system (using your EFI) any suggestions?
View attachment 537182
This is the DMAR table (Direct Memory Access Remap). Have a look Enabling and Disabling AppleVTD in Post 1 to ensure that all 4 parts are set correctly:

I should mention that I posted those thoughts about an Alder Lake Hackintosh after watching this:
I’m still a fan of Snazzy Labs. I just believe he thought only one move ahead when creating this video.

Just watched this one myself. And while his reasoning about raw computing power can't be denied, he totally missed the points:

1) User changeable storage, memory and graphics
2) Use of VMs and other OSs.
3) The enjoyment of a self-build
etc.

:)

@CaseySJ

Same failure to allow XMP with 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600 - CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 (18-22-22-42). I believe the non-XMP speed was 2666 MHz. This memory is on the approved list for the Aero G.

What is now installed and works with XMP is 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 - CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 (16-18-18-36).
@CaseySJ

Installed BIOS F6B and the Corsair LPX DDR4 3600 memory modules now run at the full 3600MHz.

Just watched this one myself. And while his reasoning about raw computing power can't be denied, he totally missed the points:
As Quinn said, the "hackintosh videos" built his channel due to their high numbers of views and the subs he got from those viewers. That being said, he's never used one as his daily driver for video work. He said that too, I'm not making any of this up or guessing. He's always stayed with Apple Macs because "hacks are too unreliable" in his opinion. In reality, all he was doing hackintosh videos for was the new subs and Youtube ad revenue. He never offered a single viewer help with their own hackintosh install or post-install problems. That would take up too much time. His channel is mostly just hackintosh entertainment. I enjoy watching it. It still has value for hackers.

Back