Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

New mem - all cores all threads.png

Sorry I must be one of the annoying ones in this forum...

If you don't mind, could you please take screenshots of your Advanced CPU settings to achieve the above results?

I have set my P-cores to 5.0-5.0-4.7-4.7-4.7-4.7 and E-cores to 3.9-3.9-3.6-3.6 with v-core -0.015 and achieved the following results. Tried various setting but was unable to get anywhere near your single-core result. I understand there will be no way of duplicate the results, am trying to come as close as the frequency vectors you have made for CPUfriend from your EFI.

2022-04-17_21-10-28.jpg

thanks.

Sorry I must be one of the annoying ones in this forum...

If you don't mind, could you please take screenshots of your Advanced CPU settings to achieve the above results?

I have set my P-cores to 5.0-5.0-4.7-4.7-4.7-4.7 and E-cores to 3.9-3.9-3.6-3.6 with v-core -0.015 and achieved the following results. Tried various setting but was unable to get anywhere near your single-core result. I understand there will be no way of duplicate the results, am trying to come as close as the frequency vectors you have made for CPUfriend from your EFI.

View attachment 546075

thanks.
Believe it or not, those screenshots are already captured and posted. You’ll find them in the BIOS configuration section of Post 1. Because I don’t overclock, all frequency and voltage settings are default (based on “Load Optimized Defaults”).

My bad... all this tinkering made me forget you had them on "Auto" setting in the BIOS screenshots. Was just curious if you played around wth OCing. Thank you CaseySJ. :thumbup:

** OpenCore 0.8.0 Released **

To upgrade to OpenCore 0.8.0 please follow the HackinDROM instructions located here:
However, do not use OpenCore Configurator 2.59.0.0 because it is not compatible with the release version of OpenCore 0.8.0. After performing the upgrade with HackinDROM, no further changes or edits are needed.

Always keep a backup copy of previous OpenCore EFI folder in the EFI partition of a USB flash disk (for emergency boot).

Just wondered has anyone with a working Z690 with Maple Ridge TB card has managed to try out the new 12.2 & 12.3 Betas to see if they have any new support for it. Would also like to know if anyone has managed to extract the TB4 firmware from a Mac Studio, as I think it would be worth comparing the two.

Just wondered has anyone with a working Z690 with Maple Ridge TB card has managed to try out the new 12.2 & 12.3 Betas to see if they have any new support for it. Would also like to know if anyone has managed to extract the TB4 firmware from a Mac Studio, as I think it would be worth comparing the two.
Isn’t the Thunderbolt controller built in to the M1? I’m not sure extracting it would help but I am far from an expert

Mike

Isn’t the thunderbolt controller built in to the M1? I’m not sure extracting it would help but I am far from an expert

Mike
Apple’s M1 SoC has an on-board Thunderbolt 4 controller, but that controller may not be the same as Intel’s Maple Ridge. Additionally, its firmware will be written for the ARM instruction set. So even if we could see that firmware, it’s unlikely to be of use to us.

Apple’s M1 SoC has an on-board Thunderbolt 4 controller, but that controller may not be the same as Intel’s Maple Ridge. Additionally, its firmware will be written for the ARM instruction set. So even if we could see that firmware, it’s unlikely to be of use to us.
Yup that’s about what I figured. I would imagine getting the code out of the Apple silicon would be difficult anyway. Not like they are making all the diagnostic tool available for us to use

I would imagine getting the code out of the Apple silicon would be difficult anyway.
Best chance for TH4 support is an Intel MP update to a newer chipset. Not looking like that will happen, but who knows for sure ?

Back