Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z690 Aero G + i5-12600K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Thank you very much. Can GC Titan ridge firmware refresh not be performed in windows? Need to use raspberry pie 3B or above? Please provide the website of refreshing firmware tutorial.
Although it's best to flash the GC-Titan Ridge, we should first check how the card performs with its original, unmodified firmware.

Because the modified firmware does not have a valid "digital signature" we cannot flash it using any Windows or other utility because all such utilities check for a valid signature. So the only option (we know of) is to use an external CH341a USB flasher or a Raspberry Pi.

Although it's best to flash the GC-Titan Ridge, we should first check how the card performs with its original, unmodified firmware.

Because the modified firmware does not have a valid "digital signature" we cannot flash it using any Windows or other utility because all such utilities check for a valid signature. So the only option (we know of) is to use an external CH341a USB flasher or a Raspberry Pi.
Thank you for your guidance, but it is said that the native support of 600 series chipset is the JHL8000 chip of Thunderbolt 4. However, the Mac no longer uses Intel CPU, so it can't be supported natively. In terms of future expansibility,choose Titan or maple?

Last edited:
A follow up on this problem. From my perspective, there is definitely an incompatibility issue with the WD SN850 PCIe 4 SSD and Monterey 13.3.1. I cloned the installation from the SN 850 to a Samsung 850 Pro SATA disk and to a Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe, and they all load properly. Apple logo, white progress bar on black, login screen instead of Apple logo, login screen on Monterey desktop graphic, then progress bar on Desktop graphic then the desktop. Otherwise the installation appears to be normal. I have been getting some random KPs which I never had before. This is the second clean installation I did on the WD SN850. May be worth a warning.

For those of you having trouble with Adobe Lightroom Classic, on the Sabrent drive I was able to update to version 11.2 with no problem. 11.2 would not run at all on the WD SN850. Not sure I understand why there is such an incompatibility. Ultimately, I moved my Windows 11 install to the WD SN850 and mac OS to Sabrent Rocket and everything works on mac side but I have not fully tested the Windows side since I rarely use it.
Will be there a solution for problems with SN850?

Will be there a solution for problems with SN850?
Not sure there are widespread problems. I for one have been running on an SN850 since day one with Monterey with no issues.
Other NVME drives that have problems with MacOs are generally trim related, there are a few ways to address that I think.

Mike

If it is not TRIM related, what is the problem?

These two ACPI patches fix both of the errors I was seeing:

Patch 1: Table IgfxSsdt
  • Table Signature: SSDT
  • OemTableID: 49676678 53736474
  • Find: 4D435F5F
  • Replace: 4D434843
  • Comment: Change MC__ to MCHC
  • Count = 0
  • Limit = 0
  • Skip =0
  • Enabled = True
Patch 2: Table GSWApp
  • Table Signature: SSDT
  • OemTableID: 47535741 7070
  • Find: 43031419 41444247
  • Replace: 43031419 58444247
  • Comment: Change ADBG to XDBG
  • Count = 1
  • Limit = 0
  • Skip = 0
  • Enabled = True
After making these changes, the boot log looks much better:
Code:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) 23 ACPI AML tables successfully acquired and loaded
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) 23 ACPI AML tables successfully acquired and loaded
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform)
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform)
These changes will be added to V4 of the EFI to be uploaded to Post 1 soon.
View attachment 535258

Update: This also fixes reboot on second and successive wake-from-sleep!

Thank you @CaseySJ,Solved my Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4 Sleep and wake.

Last night, there was an automatic wake-up problem after more than 10 minutes in the test. It is estimated that it is related to the built-in USB interface of my 94360cd. Now I turn off the system preference - energy saving - Network wake-up, and I will continue the test.

Last edited:
Not sure there are widespread problems. I for one have been running on an SN850 since day one with Monterey with no issues.
Other NVME drives that have problems with MacOs are generally trim related, there are a few ways to address that I think.

Mike
I'm running one as well.

I haven’t encountered any problems with WD SN850. If you’re populating all NVMe slots with a mix of PCIe 3 and PCIe 4 devices then maybe there might be some issue?

I haven’t encountered any problems with WD SN850. If you’re populating all NVMe slots with a mix of PCIe 3 and PCIe 4 devices then maybe there might be some issue?
I am having two NVMe (SN850), one with windows, the other with Macos, both in PCIe 4 slot. Before 12.3.1 all was ok, but now, an eternal Macos loading bar. But if I use verbose mode it load well. A little bit weird!

Thank you for the great guide, you're always a hero @CaseySJ Don't know how long you spend on these configs but it really is an astonishing job! Everything usually works like magic.

On my end I have a problem with HDR. It's not available in System Prefs -> Display. I'm using RX 6600 (not XT).
I have another hackintosh assembled with one of your other guides and HDR works (but it's RX 590 and Big Sur). The HDR Display is the same and DisplayPort cable is the same.

I tried your GPU fix but it didn't help. Is there a way you can point me in the right direction? Thanks a lot!

P.S. HDR works on HDMI port but my configuration requires DisplayPort.

Last edited:
Back