Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z690 Aero D / i7-13700K / RX 6650XT / Ventura 13.3.1 - working except for sleep, has lots of boot errors... could use some help

If it helps any of you here, this is how I've set up my 12th gen Asus Z690 Prime P D4 which uses a TB4 chipset:

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 12.51.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 12.51.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 12.52.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 12.53.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 12.53.39 AM.png

@Talanca

If you have issues with the USB I'd suggest to try using USBToolbox and map your ports via Windows instead.

why are you using SSDT-UIAC.aml without USBInjectAll.kext?
Ah thanks for spotting it. I guess I’d forgotten to disable it during one of my last config setups.

Ah thanks for spotting it. I guess I’d forgotten to disable it during one of my last config setups.
also you can just use the one kext for USB:

I have the same config and I still couldn't solve the issue about the second sleep freeze. It seems that there are not many hackintosh users with this motherboard. The USB mapping in this one was one of the most difficult for me to do and I still doubt that it was done correctly, precisely because of the sleep problem
At some point during the changes to my config I got it to stop freezing... but sleep still doesn't work. If my display goes to sleep overnight, the next morning the computer will still be running, but the display will not wake. I can ssh into it from another computer and reboot it that way. Forcing it to go into full sleep mode doesn't work either, it immediately wakes back up.

I don't understand what is happening that the display will wake up if it has only been a few minutes, but after a few hours it won't.

My USB mapping is one thing I finally got completely right though, so I don't think it's related to that.

At some point during the changes to my config I got it to stop freezing... but sleep still doesn't work. If my display goes to sleep overnight, the next morning the computer will still be running, but the display will not wake. I can ssh into it from another computer and reboot it that way. Forcing it to go into full sleep mode doesn't work either, it immediately wakes back up.

I don't understand what is happening that the display will wake up if it has only been a few minutes, but after a few hours it won't.

My USB mapping is one thing I finally got completely right though, so I don't think it's related to that.
I believe it is related to SSDT-USBW (if you have it installed). It’s possible you need to rename its connectors for it to work.

If you have issues with the USB I'd suggest to try using USBToolbox and map your ports via Windows instead.
I found that using USBToolbox on windows is absolutely terrible, at least for this motherboard. I was not able to map my USB ports properly until I did it the other way with removing the port limit temporarily and using the Mac USBMap program. Also with USBMap you can disable ports by disabling only the 2.0 or 3.0 functionality so you don't lose entire physical ports.

Actually thinking about it again, I didn't remove the port limit. The way USBMap works now you do it with a 2-pass process. You start with all ports past 15 disabled and label the enabled ones, then disable those and label the remaining ones. Then you edit your port map and choose the 15 you want. It worked really well.

Actually thinking about it again, I didn't remove the port limit. The way USBMap works now you do it with a 2-pass process. You start with all ports past 15 disabled and label the enabled ones, then disable those and label the remaining ones. Then you edit your port map and choose the 15 you want. It worked really well.
Initially I did the mapping with USBToolBox from Windows and with USBTreeView.exe, since it does not specify the devices connected to the USB hubs, but the ports with disabled personalities (USB2 or USB3) to keep the limit of 15, did not work well, sometimes devices were dismounted. With the new port limit fix in OC 0.9.3 I was able to make the USBPorts.kext from Hackintool and so far it's working fine
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 22.58.08.png

But still can't solve the hang issue when entering the second sleep: Display, keyboard and mouse, power led turns off, but motherboard lights are still on, unlike the first sleep which does it correctly by turning everything off.
Pressing keys and mouse does nothing, neither does the power button and the only option is to restart.
I am using acpi-wake-type 01 instead of USBWakeFixup.kext and SSDT-USBW.
Don't know if the problem is related to some other SSDT/Kernel patch that are no longer needed, outdated or redundant in the latest OC versions, or precisely the SSDT for Thunderbolt causes problems with the XHC3's usb

Screenshot 2023-07-08 at 07.58.51.png

Got mine up and running. Is the onboard Thunderbolt working on yours?
Post EFI? Mine has same sleep issues. Sleep works once with TB4 off, never wen on.

Back