Contribute
Register

Gigabyte z690 Aero D / i7-13700K / RX 6650XT / Ventura 13.3.1 - working except for sleep, has lots of boot errors... could use some help

Motherboard
Gigabyte z690 Aero D
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 6950 XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have successfully built a functional Ventura machine using a Gigabyte z690 Aero D motherboard, i7-13700K, and Radeon 6650XT, but I've tried everything I know to try and it will not wake after being in display sleep mode for an extended period of time. If I let the display sleep for a while while using it, it comes back just fine. However if I leave it like that overnight, in the morning it is frozen with fans sped up (not max speed though, so hopefully not cooking anything) and I have to force power it off.

The only crash logs I see are from com.apple.audio.Core-Audio-Driver-Service which is weird but it doesn't look like this is happening during the freezes. Looking at boot logs I get several ACPI errors relating to PXSX: Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND - No Local Variables are initialized for method [PXSX] - etc.

But the real concerning thing is thousands of errors from runningboardd that say something along the lines of:

2023-05-17 09:53:51.686954-0500 0xbb9 Error 0x8536 186 0 runningboardd: (RunningBoard) [com.apple.runningboard:jetsam] memorystatus_control error: MEMORYSTATUS_CMD_CONVERT_MEMLIMIT_MB(0) returned -1 22 (Invalid argument)
2023-05-17 09:53:51.865625-0500 0x65c Error 0x85be 186 0 runningboardd: (RunningBoard) [com.apple.runningboard:jetsam] memorystatus_control error: MEMORYSTATUS_CMD_CONVERT_MEMLIMIT_MB(-1) returned -1 22 (Invalid argument)

...and I do mean thousands. There's something around 65,000 errors lol. But somehow the machine seems to be functioning perfectly as long as I don't let the display sleep.

I would appreciate any assistance. Not sure if that is what is causing it to freeze after display sleep but it can't be good.

Ok I found the section on fixing MacPro7,1 memory errors... https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/universal/memory.html#mapping-our-memory

But in the list of possible types to set, there is no DDR5. dmidecode displays the type of my memory properly as DDR5, but I don't know what number to put in config.plist...

1 — Other
2 — Unknown
15 — SDRAM
18 — DDR
19 — DDR2
20 — DDR2 FB-DIMM
24 — DDR3
26 — DDR4
27 — LPDDR
28 — LPDDR2
29 — LPDDR3
30 — LPDDR4

Not sure if there is a number for DDR5 but I can't find one anywhere. Not sure if I should set it to 1 (Other) or 26 (DDR4) or something else?

Got mine up and running. Is the onboard Thunderbolt working on yours?

Last edited:
Please I need OpenCore EFO for Gigabyte Z690 Aero D - i9 12th gen.

Please I need OpenCore EFO for Gigabyte Z690 Aero D - i9 12th gen.

thank you so much sir. but i need efi for gigabyte z690 aero d. your efi not working to this mother board. please update me sir...

thank you so much sir. but i need efi for gigabyte z690 aero d. your efi not working to this mother board. please update me sir...

Hi there.

Just saying "not working" will not help us to help you. You need to explain your problem.

How far into the boot process did you get?

Did you try "verbose" mode to see where things go wrong?

If not then press the CMD + V keys when at the OpenCore boot screen. This will start the boot process showing scrolling text. Take a photo of where it stops and attach it to your next post.

(Also please update your Profile where indicated. Thank-you).

:)

Hi there.

Just saying "not working" will not help us to help you. You need to explain your problem.

How far into the boot process did you get?

Did you try "verbose" mode to see where things go wrong?

If not then press the CMD + V keys when at the OpenCore boot screen. This will start the boot process showing scrolling text. Take a photo of where it stops and attach it to your next post.

(Also please update your Profile where indicated. Thank-you).

:)
Hi Sir this is my error

Attachments

• IMG_20230618_111111.jpg
    IMG_20230618_111111.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 57
Got mine up and running. Is the onboard Thunderbolt working on yours?
It is not, but I didn't have a need for it before. Now I do, and I'm trying right now to figure it out.

Hello,

I have successfully built a functional Ventura machine using a Gigabyte z690 Aero D motherboard, i7-13700K, and Radeon 6650XT, but I've tried everything I know to try and it will not wake after being in display sleep mode for an extended period of time. If I let the display sleep for a while while using it, it comes back just fine. However if I leave it like that overnight, in the morning it is frozen with fans sped up (not max speed though, so hopefully not cooking anything) and I have to force power it off.

The only crash logs I see are from com.apple.audio.Core-Audio-Driver-Service which is weird but it doesn't look like this is happening during the freezes. Looking at boot logs I get several ACPI errors relating to PXSX: Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND - No Local Variables are initialized for method [PXSX] - etc.

But the real concerning thing is thousands of errors from runningboardd that say something along the lines of:

2023-05-17 09:53:51.686954-0500 0xbb9 Error 0x8536 186 0 runningboardd: (RunningBoard) [com.apple.runningboard:jetsam] memorystatus_control error: MEMORYSTATUS_CMD_CONVERT_MEMLIMIT_MB(0) returned -1 22 (Invalid argument)
2023-05-17 09:53:51.865625-0500 0x65c Error 0x85be 186 0 runningboardd: (RunningBoard) [com.apple.runningboard:jetsam] memorystatus_control error: MEMORYSTATUS_CMD_CONVERT_MEMLIMIT_MB(-1) returned -1 22 (Invalid argument)

...and I do mean thousands. There's something around 65,000 errors lol. But somehow the machine seems to be functioning perfectly as long as I don't let the display sleep.

I would appreciate any assistance. Not sure if that is what is causing it to freeze after display sleep but it can't be good.
I have the same config and I still couldn't solve the issue about the second sleep freeze. It seems that there are not many hackintosh users with this motherboard. The USB mapping in this one was one of the most difficult for me to do and I still doubt that it was done correctly, precisely because of the sleep problem

Back