Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ I was just thinking regarding the wifi not working in Sonoma, if we know the wifi chipset used in the M1 or M2 Mac Air/book, etc. and a PCIe card on the market is available with the same chipset, shouldn't it work out of the box?
I have tried to find what wifi chipset is used in the Apple silicon macs but could not find anything apart from the technical specs. But nothing about the chipset or who makes it.

@CaseySJ I was just thinking regarding the wifi not working in Sonoma, if we know the wifi chipset used in the M1 or M2 Mac Air/book, etc. and a PCIe card on the market is available with the same chipset, shouldn't it work out of the box?
I have tried to find what wifi chipset is used in the Apple silicon macs but could not find anything apart from the technical specs. But nothing about the chipset or who makes it.
Apple is still using Broadcom modules in Apple Silicon. By running IORegistryExplorer on my MacBook Pro M1 some time ago, I noted down the Device ID.

There are only a handful of Wi-Fi 6 modules from Broadcom, but Device ID itself is difficult to correlate with a specific model of chip. Nevertheless, I did purchase and install a Broadcom Wi-Fi 6 module (PCIe card).

Unfortunately, the drivers for this module (or any Broadcom Wi-Fi 6 module) are not included in the x86 version of macOS. So we’re back to square one.

Apple is still using Broadcom modules in Apple Silicon. By running IORegistryExplorer on my MacBook Pro M1 some time ago, I noted down the Device ID.

There are only a handful of Wi-Fi 6 modules from Broadcom, but Device ID itself is difficult to correlate with a specific model of chip. Nevertheless, I did purchase and install a Broadcom Wi-Fi 6 module (PCIe card).

Unfortunately, the drivers for this module (or any Broadcom Wi-Fi 6 module) are not included in the x86 version of macOS. So we’re back to square one.
doesn't the system report tell you the type of chipset? I mean if I look at my system report under wifi, the firmware version is labelled "Broadcom BCM43xx..." It does not give you the exact model but it gives you an idea of the series of chipset that is used.

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with SIP after patching Broadcom with OCLP - I have a solution.

I could not run Antares Auto tune software as it uses a license software called "code meter".
SIP being disabled prevented that from running.

Here is a temporary solution.

You have to use the amfipass.kext and in the boot args

Remove amfi=0x80
Add -amfipassbeta

I am hoping there will be a better fix discovered to keep SIP enabled in the future. This is working fine for me now. Hoping it can help some of you

Hi @CaseySJ

I'm trying to enable embedded Ethernet 2.5G, or a ASUS XG-C100C (10G) PCIE card. Nothing works out. It's macOS Ventura 13.4.

Enabled VT-d in BIOS, no dart=0 in boot args, enabled SSD-DMAR.aml in ACPI/Add and removed in ACPI/delete, disabled DisableioMapper quirk and enabled DisableioMapperMapping.

The embedded 1G card does work, no problems. The embedded 2.5G card is seen as "Ethernet 2" but never turns green. The ASUS Card is never there in Network. I tried ForceAquantiaEthernet but it didn't help either. Reset nvram and rebuilt kext cache between restarts.

Can you please tell what I could be missing here? Thank you for all support!

Hi @CaseySJ

I'm trying to enable embedded Ethernet 2.5G, or a ASUS XG-C100C (10G) PCIE card. Nothing works out. It's macOS Ventura 13.4.

Enabled VT-d in BIOS, no dart=0 in boot args, enabled SSD-DMAR.aml in ACPI/Add and removed in ACPI/delete, disabled DisableioMapper quirk and enabled DisableioMapperMapping.

The embedded 1G card does work, no problems. The embedded 2.5G card is seen as "Ethernet 2" but never turns green. The ASUS Card is never there in Network. I tried ForceAquantiaEthernet but it didn't help either. Reset nvram and rebuilt kext cache between restarts.

Can you please tell what I could be missing here? Thank you for all support!
Please check Device Properties in config.plist. If you find any properties being added to the 2.5GbE port, simply comment them out or delete them.
Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 1.48.26 PM.png

Please check Device Properties in config.plist. If you find any properties being added to the 2.5GbE port, simply comment them out or delete them.
View attachment 572593
Awesome, thank you very much that worked!
Yeeeeeah, the 2.5G is finally on :) You're the wizard!

Do you know if there are any tricks to enable ASUS XG-C100C (10G)? It's based on Aquantia 107 controller. I'm now trying the patch you mentioned for Big Sur but it results in crash during boot. Thanks again!

Hi everyone. I was trying to update my OC with HackinDROM. All seems to go OK. Had a few minor issues which I sorted out and all seemed well. When I ran validation test in OC config, I had ZERO issue. Sadly, I have now found that all my USB3 and USB-C ports are running super slow. Like USB2 speeds. Any ideas what the issue might be? I have tried to revert back to my older OC0.7.7, but it now has the same issues.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 5.07.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-05 at 5.07.54 PM.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 25
Hi everyone. I was trying to update my OC with HackinDROM. All seems to go ok. Had a few minor issues which i sorted out and all seemed well.When I ran validation test in OC config I had ZERO issue. Sadly I have now found that all my USB3 and USB-C ports are running super slow. Like USB2 speeds. Any ideas what the issue might be? I have tried to revert back to my older OC0.7.7, but it now has the same issues.

Hi there.

Sorry to ask, but why have you posted a screengrab showing 5x errors in the config.plist, when you state ocvalidate returned zero errors?

Next up, it is very unlikely that properly updating OpenCore from one version to another would cause an issue with USB speeds because once the bootloader has done its work, operation of the system is handed over to macOS and it is no longer used.

So...

Did you have a USB configuration kext loaded?

Did you change system-definition at any point - perhaps to enable the upgrade to a newer version of macOS at some point?

A few people have reported USB speed issues with Sonoma. Was that on your radar?

:)

Hi there.

Sorry to ask, but why have you posted a screengrab showing 5x errors in the config.plist, when you state ocvalidate returned zero errors?

Next up, it is very unlikely that properly updating OpenCore from one version to another would cause an issue with USB speeds because once the bootloader has done its work, operation of the system is handed over to macOS and it is no longer used.

So...

Did you have a USB configuration kext loaded?

Did you change system-definition at any point - perhaps to enable the upgrade to a newer version of macOS at some point?

A few people have reported USB speed issues with Sonoma. Was that on your radar?

:)
I fixed these after I did the update with HackinDROM. Now I get no errors.

Back