Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

View attachment 573108

Doesn't look like it's the same hardware. A 3080 Ti will not work with macOS.
11th gen is not 10th gen. The only similarity is that you have an Asus motherboard.
Is not for me, hardware is the same : GA Z490 Vision D (TB3)+ RX 580 ; I've this machine just for today for install Monterey with TB3 running. I need just find where is tuto Monterey, it's hard to find in 1086 pages.....

Thank You :)

I need just find where is tuto Monterey, it's hard to find in 1086 pages.....
Everything you need is listed in post #1 of this thread. Read the whole thing. Think of post #1 as the table of contents to a 1086 page book. Find the links there to everything.

It looks as if you can use the newest EFI folder (OC-074), install Big Sur, get TH3 working then upgrade to Monterey from there. OC-074 may possibly work with Monterey too. Give it a try. Monterey public release was October 25, 2021. A few weeks after that EFI folder was made and posted.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

All the steps have spoilers with important install info. Click on those and read them. Most importantly unlock CFG before trying to install from the USB.

Screen Shot 6.jpg

Last edited:
Okay great. :thumbup:

I don't have your motherboard to test, but we can see clearly from the Hackintool screen that you have two Thunderbolt ports (XHC3) as well as the full compliment of USB2 and USB3 ports. Fine.

So, I've been looking through the SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml you were probably using before and can see certain ports have been left out to keep within the 15x port limit. This is great. In this file there is no HS13 configured. Now, looking at the unlimited ports we see in the latest Hackintool screen, you should realise that no HS port above HS10 can have a USB3 equivalent. So HS11, HS12, HS13 and HS14 can not be USB3 ports. The Z490 chipset just doesn't have them.

We can see you have identified the 4x USB3 back-panel Hub as SS07/HS07 so remember there is also a 4x-port USB2 hub that is internal. Perhaps it was a port that has been discarded to keep within the limit?

Back to your main problem of USB3 ports not working properly. With the XhciPortLimit quirk active, I would now test each port with both a USB2 memory stick and a USB3 memory stick, just as if you were going to create a new configuration of your own, and see which ports you can identify for sure and their speeds.
I finally got it all figured out. Thank you so much for your advice with this. I successfully upgrade to Monterey with no issues. All is working just fine. Your help was very much appreciated, as it is always on this forum. Upgrading an OS is always nerve racking for me.

I'm trying to understand the various SSDT USB files. When should SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V1.aml be used?
If you do not have a custom SSDT USBPort setup I would use SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml and enable XhciPortLimit. This worked ok for me for a while, but ran into a few issues when upgrading to Monterey. Follow this thread and it will tell you how to create a custom USBPort.kext using Hackintool. It's not to difficult to do, you just need to figure out which port it which and also what your connected devices need, by just using a USBv2 and USBv3 thumb drives. Once it is done it is very stable. Then you can disable all the other SSDT USB files and XhciPortLimit.

I'm trying to understand the various SSDT USB files. When should SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V1.aml be used?
If you open the SSDT using MaciASL, you will see the names of all active USB ports. Those names can be cross-referenced with the diagrams in Post 1 located here:

If the USB ports you wish to use are listed in the SSDT then it's okay to use that SSDT.

If you do not have a custom SSDT USBPort setup I would use SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V3.aml and enable XhciPortLimit. This worked ok for me for a while, but ran into a few issues when upgrading to Monterey. Follow this thread and it will tell you how to create a custom USBPort.kext using Hackintool. It's not to difficult to do, you just need to figure out which port it which and also what your connected devices need, by just using a USBv2 and USBv3 thumb drives. Once it is done it is very stable. Then you can disable all the other SSDT USB files and XhciPortLimit.

Yes, thank you. I have mapped ports this way before but was curious about this particular SSDT.

If you open the SSDT using MaciASL, you will see the names of all active USB ports. Those names can be cross-referenced with the diagrams in Post 1 located here:

If the USB ports you wish to use are listed in the SSDT then it's okay to use that SSDT.

Yes, since posting this, I used MaciASL to review the ports activated and I have since come to understand that SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V1 was an earlier version of your 15 port limited SSDT. I was confused because the labeling comment for this file is "Provides USB port definition for Gigabyte Z490 Vision-D" and I was unsure if this needed to be combined with V2 or V3. I now understand it does not. I prefer the updated V3 version.

recently reinstalled Sonoma.
facing one issue.
When I entered the screen password, macos crashed and pc restarted immediately.
nothing happens when I stay at lock screen.
any suggestions?

recently reinstalled Sonoma.
facing one issue.
When I entered the screen password, macos crashed and pc restarted immediately.
nothing happens when I stay at lock screen.
any suggestions?
Was this a fresh installation of Sonoma, or an upgrade from older version of macOS?

If it’s an upgrade, it’s possible that some old software is causing this problem.

If it’s a fresh (clean) install without Migration Assistant or other old software having been copied, then it would be good to list the makes and models of all components in the system. It would also be good to post config.plist (with serial numbers removed).

Was this a fresh installation of Sonoma, or an upgrade from older version of macOS?

If it’s an upgrade, it’s possible that some old software is causing this problem.

If it’s a fresh (clean) install without Migration Assistant or other old software having been copied, then it would be good to list the makes and models of all components in the system. It would also be good to post config.plist (with serial numbers removed).
Fresh Clean Install

i5-10400
16gb corsair ddr4 ram
2tb adata s70 blade drive
hdmi monitor
Gigabyte Radeon RX590 8gb

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.8 KB · Views: 19
Back