Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Good morning!
I recently update my system to Ventura 13.4.1 and OC to 0.9.3
After this, I get a very annoying problem: when my workstation goes to sleep, it disconnects my external USB drives (I have 8 of them) and then reconnect it and then disconnect again and so on so when I login again I have the left side of my monitor full of "disk not correctly eject" notices.... maybe one hundred or more....
Can anyone help me? Thanks, Antonio

@Zottwalker

I think the issue may be caused by a power setting. There is a BIOS setting in some motherboards called S4 which turns off all power to devices as they sleep. You may have to disable it to prevent this from happening.

Hello again @CaseySJ :wave:
Quick question... if i upgrade my Z490 Vision D Bios to F20, can i install a i7-11700k or should i install a I7-10700K?
I see that Bios F20 bring support to 11th Gen Processors.

PS: my bios is F6

Hello again @CaseySJ :wave:
Quick question... if i upgrade my Z490 Vision D Bios to F20, can i install a i7-11700k or should i install a I7-10700K?
I see that Bios F20 bring support to 11th Gen Processors.

PS: my bios is F6
Hello @Perdomo15

You may install BIOS F20 and 11th Gen Rocket Lake CPU. Just keep in mind that the iGPU of that processor is not supported in macOS.

Hello @Perdomo15

You may install BIOS F20 and 11th Gen Rocket Lake CPU. Just keep in mind that the iGPU of that processor is not supported in macOS.
Nice....:thumbup: i have a RX 6800, i should be fine, but i think im staying put with the 10th gen one. Thanks a bunch.

In Ventura we can do this:
  • Add boot argument e1000=0 as you've already done
  • Add AppleIGC.kext by downloading from here
    • Copy kext to EFI/OC/Kexts folder
    • Add entry in config.plist -> Kernel
  • Remove all Device Properties related to the i225-V
AppleIGC driver also supports i226-V in Z790 platforms.

@CaseySJ and all,

I have been "silent" for a while as I am able to manage on a daily basis my set-up thanks to learning process with this post and the HackinDrom apps as well.
But, today, I am unable to solve the Ethernet 2.5Gbit port issues. It has been months it's not working but my 1Gbit port was sufficient enough.
Today I definitely need 2.5Gbit one... and can't make it work. I have tried both methods. Nothing....
Started again with your latest EFI posted in #1, update with HackinDROM and then tried both methods. Nothing...
I enclose my "anonymous" EFI and need your help. Would be a pity to move on another Casey buid-up, just for an Ethernet issue. :) Thanks again for your invaluable help.
Mac

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 57
@MacArthur, just checking from the EFI you posted. Does the setup below reflect your current EFI build? If thats the case, it would have to be set to yes, true, or checked.
Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 7.53.08 AM.png

Because you have 4 memory modules, chances are there is perhaps only one bad module. This is why I recommended the previous procedure, which is as follows:
  • Currently all four memory slots are occupied: A1, A2, B1, B2
  • The experiment is to first remove the DIMMs from A1 and B1, leaving only: A1, A2, B1, B2
  • We can run MemTest on this configuration or we can try installing macOS
  • If a failure occurs in either MemTest or macOS installation, then we remove A2 and B2 and install the other two modules into the same A2 and B2 slots
Note:
  • When only 2 memory modules are to be installed, they should always go into A2 and B2
Hi ! I am coming back on this thread as I can now do memory test, I removed A1 B1 did a remember test : Failure then I placed the A1 B1 sticks on A2 B2 : remember : Failure (see capt) any idea ? keep in mind that all sticks - gskill tridentZ 4x16 - work well and recognized on my Catalina system).

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-08-23 à 20.37.23.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-08-23 à 20.37.23.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 15
@MacArthur, just checking from the EFI you posted. Does the setup below reflect your current EFI build? If thats the case, it would have to be set to yes, true, or checked.
View attachment 570631
You know what? :)
You are just amazing !!!Just tick the box to enable the kext, and it works...
Been checking around for ages, just forgot to triple check this one.
Thanks so much...

Back