Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

Anyone else having no connection issues with their i225V?

It was working with the AppleIGC until I installed Windows which seems to have messed with it somehow.

Now I get 'unplugged' always on the 2.5gbe port, and when I plug into the gigabit port, it shows 2 NICs are connected with different IPs :confused:

Anyone else having no connection issues with their i225V?

It was working with the AppleIGC until I installed Windows which seems to have messed with it somehow.

@TijuanaKez,

All good on my two Z490 Vision G systems, both have been using the AppleIGC.kext for around four months and are triple boot which are regularly booted into Windows 11 and Linux Mint ... no issue with the I225-V ethernet which still works just fine in MacOS Ventura 13.5.1.

Check the kext is enabled in config.plist, there where a couple of posts on the previous page where this was the issue :-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I may have discovered the cause of the problem that videos playing stutter. My hardware acceleration is not enabled.
  • "Intel HUD 630" do not appear at the PCI page.
  • The graphic label of VideoProc displays "AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT"

@nankaiyjin,

If properly configured as headless then the Intel IGPU is NOT meant to show up in system Information -> Graphics/Displays, this is in-fact one of the ways we test it is configured correctly.

The PCI page in System Information is purely cosmetic and will only list devices that have been manual added via device properties in your config.plist, it is not an active PCI device scanner like the one built into Hackintool so never rely on it for diagnostic informaion.

VideoProc is not a good diagnostic tool as it will only report what the Apple VideoToolBox API reports.

Assuming you are using the correct IGPU platform ID for your CPU and a SMBIOS that uses the IGPU in headless mode such as iMac19,x or iMac20,x then a quick way to check if Intel QuickSync is working is to use the Quick Look functions in Finder to view images and/or videos, if Quick Look works then Intel QuickSync is working.

If you want to check further then the best method by far is to use Intel's Power Gadget app, if you see green and orange traces in the frequency section while playing a YouTube video in Safari then everything is working correctly, here is what it looks like on my machine (White Knight 2.0 in my build sig) :-

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 16.20.30.png

If you are using a SMBIOS that has no support for headless IGPU such as MacPro x,x or iMacPro x,x then Intel QuickSync will be disabled and you will not get the benefit of the compute capability of the CPU's IGPU.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@CaseySJ Hi there, womdering if someone could help me. I have upgraded OC from 0.9.3 to what is supposed to be 0.9.4 via Hackindrom. But I am completely lost. First time an update goes so wrong. Below are screenshots from the update. I updated opencore configurator to 2.74 which supports 0.9.4. Then I upgraded using hackindrom and ended up with 0.9.5! If I click on the screen icon in hackindrom, it shows 0.9.3. Finally if I open opencore configurator and load the config.plist, I have the error from the opencore validator! I am completely confused. I used F12 to boot from the right HDD. I made a copy of the 0.9.3 EFI that I am reloading until I can fix this issue. On top of that I can't upgrade to 13.5.1. After downloading the package and "preparing" the update, it fails with an error msg: "Failed to prepare software update". Tried 5 times, same issues.
1694003874470.png
1694004174206.png
1694004292917.png

Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 14.17.13.png

This is not the source of your problem, it is just a minor error in your config.plist.
Remove InstanceIdentifier from the boot section of the config.plist and it will go away.

@nankaiyjin,

If properly configured as headless then the Intel IGPU is NOT meant to show up in system Information -> Graphics/Displays, this is in-fact one of the ways we test it is configured correctly.

The PCI page in System Information is purely cosmetic and will only list devices that have been manual added via device properties in your config.plist, it is not an active PCI device scanner like the one built into Hackintool so never rely on it for diagnostic informaion.

VideoProc is not a good diagnostic tool as it will only report what the Apple VideoToolBox API reports.

Assuming you are using the correct IGPU platform ID for your CPU and a SMBIOS that uses the IGPU in headless mode such as iMac19,x or iMac20,x then a quick way to check if Intel QuickSync is working is to use the Quick Look functions in Finder to view images and/or videos, if Quick Look works then Intel QuickSync is working.

If you want to check further then the best method by far is to use Intel's Power Gadget app, if you see green and orange traces in the frequency section while playing a YouTube video in Safari then everything is working correctly, here is what it looks like on my machine (White Knight 2.0 in my build sig) :-

View attachment 571119

If you are using a SMBIOS that has no support for headless IGPU such as MacPro x,x or iMacPro x,x then Intel QuickSync will be disabled and you will not get the benefit of the compute capability of the CPU's IGPU.

Cheers
Jay
Thanks for your reply.

I use Intel's Power Gadget app while playing a 4K video, here is what it looks like:
Snipaste_2023-09-06_22-31-19.png

And while using Quick Look in Finder to view a 4K video, here is what it looks like:
Snipaste_2023-09-06_22-28-28.png

Does this indicate that Intel QuickSync( IGPU hardware acceleration) is working properly?
Thanks again.

View attachment 571143

This is not the source of your problem, it is just a minor error in your config.plist.
Remove InstanceIdentifier from the boot section of the config.plist and it will go away.
Yep I know usually it is not the source of the problem because the system will still boot. The concern is that on 3 different screenshots you have 3 different versions of OC.
Instanceidentifier was part of 0.9.4 so I should not have this error given that I upgraded to 0.9.4 although it shows 0.9.5 but the versions of kexts are those ones of 0.9.4 and that opencore Configurator is pointing to 0.9.4

I use Intel's Power Gadget app while playing a 4K video, here is what it looks like:
And while using Quick Look in Finder to view a 4K video, here is what it looks like:

Does this indicate that Intel QuickSync( IGPU hardware acceleration) is working properly?

@nankaiyjin,

Yes thats exactly what one would expect to see with a properly configured IGPU.

Cheers
Jay

I believe that there is something no right with open configurator v2.74. After upgrading to 0.9.4 with Hackindrom (although it says 0.9.5), I opened my config.plist and got the error from ocvalidate as per the screenshot on the previous page. But in the window it clearly says that ocvalidate only supports 0.9.3 but I am using 2.74 - 0.9.4 release configuration so I would expect the ocvalidate to support 0.9.4! if I download opencore 0.9.4 and run ocvalidate that is part of 0.9.4 release against my config.plist, I have no issue. And it says "this version of ocvalidate supports only 0.9.4" which seems right. So how come when I run opencore configurator 2.74 it runs a ocvalidate version that supports only 0.9.3? is ocvalidate embedded with opencore configuration app?

I believe that there is something no right with open configurator v2.74. After upgrading to 0.9.4 with Hackindrom (although it says 0.9.5), I opened my config.plist and got the error from ocvalidate as per the screenshot on the previous page. But in the window it clearly says that ocvalidate only supports 0.9.3 but I am using 2.74 - 0.9.4 release configuration so I would expect the ocvalidate to support 0.9.4! if I download opencore 0.9.4 and run ocvalidate that is part of 0.9.4 release against my config.plist, I have no issue. And it says "this version of ocvalidate supports only 0.9.4" which seems right. So how come when I run opencore configurator 2.74 it runs a ocvalidate version that supports only 0.9.3? is ocvalidate embedded with opencore configuration app?
that is the issue of using tools to automate, best to check with the sample.plist from your opencore download to check for any changes, then ocvalidate on your config.plist to make sure of no errors

Back