Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

@rockermatt

Great stuff!

With regards to the 11,000 score it's possible it is an OS thing, but also possibly memory. I'm not sure about Z97 boards but you have any XMP memory profile setups in your BIOS? Best to enable those. Also could look into the CPUFriend kext to help with CPU speeds. Another thing you could try is to disable hyper threading in BIOS and see if that helps. Apparently it is a new idea that Intel has been taking seriously with their latest upcoming chip designs (to ditch hyperthreading).

As for the Bluetooth I recommend getting an Intel AX200 m.2 card instead. They are far more reliable since Sonoma now has made Broadcom cards harder to be supported in macOS (despite the new fix from OCLP).

After 3 years of using my Hackintosh for music production with Logic Pro, I'm having a serious problem I don't know how to address. I can't even boot up with with my cloned backup drives.
After booting up I see the Gigabyte screen and then I get this screen (see the attached picture).
I assume it has to do with the open core boot loader.
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• tempImageRnBRiO.png
    tempImageRnBRiO.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 29
Happy to report I've got both WiFi and Bluetooth up and running using the built in Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 wifi 600Mbps down, 40 up (shows as 802.11ac).
Apple Trackpad good to go and shows battery life (which was missing in previous setups for me).s
Maybe this is a solution everyone know about, though I thought I had read that it was broken. Luckily, we're the types that don't mind breaking stuff for fun! Either way, I'm psyched, and love this forum and community!
Thanks, all! Here's my setup:

OC 0.9.4
SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2.aml
SSDT-UIAC-VISION-D-V2-INTEL-BT.aml
following kexts:

Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 10.58.26 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 11.12.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 11.12.52 AM.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 11.12.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 11.12.30 AM.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 40
After 3 years of using my Hackintosh for music production with Logic Pro, I'm having a serious problem I don't know how to address. I can't even boot up with with my cloned backup drives.
After booting up I see the Gigabyte screen and then I get this screen (see the attached picture).
@MusicMac,

That looks to be missing fields or incorrect entries in your config.plist. Did you do an update for Opencore recently? I’d strongly advise to use something like Opencore Configurator to edit your EFI. If you update to the latest versions of both Opencore and Opencore Configurator it can often help to point out and resolve these errors when you resave the config.plist file.

Trying to upgrade my network to 2.5Gbs but just can't get the 2.5Gbs NIC to work.
What's the current formula for getting 2.5Gbs to work on Ventura?

I have AppleVTD fully enabled (by virtue of using @CaseySJ's newest EFI)
Have trying disabling the FakePCID kext for 2.5Gbs and adding e1000=0 to boot args, but doesn't seem to help.

I have new Cat6a cables. Plugged into the 1Gbs port, everything works fine. Plugged into the 2.5Gbs port, it just says nothing is connected.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 8.58.41 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 8.58.41 am.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 8.58.28 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 8.58.28 am.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 8.56.08 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 8.56.08 am.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 8.55.31 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 8.55.31 am.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Trying to upgrade my network to 2.5Gbs but just can't get the 2.5Gbs NIC to work.

Have trying disabling the FakePCID kext for 2.5Gbs and adding e1000=0 to boot args, but doesn't seem to help.

I have new Cat6e cables. Plugged into the 1Gbs port, everything works fine. Plugged into the 2.5Gbs port, it just says nothing is connected.
Right. Have you also added these values into your PCI device list? This is in addition to adding e1000=0 to the boot-arg

As for the FakePCIID, that was only relevant for use in Catalina.

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 11.58.00 PM.png

Also we no longer need the Intelmausi kext driver because the LAN card is now fully natively supported.

Feel free to post your config.plist with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo -> DataHub.

I have new Cat6a cables. Plugged into the 1Gbs port, everything works fine. Plugged into the 2.5Gbs port, it just says nothing is connected.
In Ventura we can do this:
  • Add boot argument e1000=0 as you've already done
  • Add AppleIGC.kext by downloading from here
    • Copy kext to EFI/OC/Kexts folder
    • Add entry in config.plist -> Kernel
  • Remove all Device Properties related to the i225-V
AppleIGC driver also supports i226-V in Z790 platforms.

Update 4 Dec 2023:
  • AppleIGC.kext can cause system crashes
  • Ventura and Sonoma have native support for i225-V so AppleIGC.kext is not needed
  • However, native macOS driver requires AppleVTD to be enabled, which means:
    • Do not use boot argument e1000=0
    • Enable VT-d in BIOS
    • Disable kernel quirk DisableIOMapper
    • Enable kernel quirk DisableIOMapperMapping

Last edited:
Good morning!
I recently update my system to Ventura 13.4.1 and OC to 0.9.3
After this, I get a very annoying problem: when my workstation goes to sleep, it disconnects my external USB drives (I have 8 of them) and then reconnect it and then disconnect again and so on so when I login again I have the left side of my monitor full of "disk not correctly eject" notices.... maybe one hundred or more....
Can anyone help me? Thanks, Antonio

good morning!
I recently update my system to ventura 13.4.1 and OC to 0.9.3
After this i get a very annoying problem: when my workstation goes to sleep disconnect my external usb drives (i have 8 of them) and then reconnect it and then disconnect again and so on so when i login again i have the left side of my monitor full of "disk not correctly eject" notices.... maybe one hundred or more....
Can anyone help me? Thanks, Antonio

Please see if this is relevant...

Back