Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

OK to disable Brightnesskeys, but SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext is used by one of the ethernet port, no...?
That Ethernet port is natively supported in Ventura and newer.

The kexts are : lilu 1.6.6, WEG 1.6.5, AppleAlc 1.8.3 (all 23/06/12) and I don't use lilubeta neither --all as shown on a precedent picture.
EDIT : I've disabled Brightnesskeys and SmallTreeIntel8259x.kext and always : View attachment 567813
Let’s look at your system’s IOReg. Simply run IORegistryExplorer and select File -> Save As…

I don't understand, the rest of the conversation disappeared... In any case, the solution of disabling the SSDT "SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-EGPU-NO-HOTPLUG.aml" was effective. I am very happy and thank you very much MR @casey !! You are still the best in the world!!

What's a good, problem free SSD (2TB) for upgrading to Ventura? I know the Samsungs had some issues in the past. Looking at WD SN770 or SN850, based on some decent sales I am seeing.

EDIT - Saw the updated list and looks like all the WD drives should be fine.

What's a good, problem free SSD (2TB) for upgrading to Ventura? I know the Samsungs had some issues in the past. Looking at WD SN770 or SN850, based on some decent sales I am seeing.

EDIT - Saw the updated list and looks like all the WD drives should be fine.
I've upgraded my main system to use WD SN850X for my system SSD. It's been great so far. I highly recommend that model, and it's on sale. See the Deals of the Day forum section for the latest prices in the WD SSD thread.

Hi - looking for some help - please :)

I was running fine with:
macOS Ventura 13.4
Opencore 9.2 - (upgraded from earlier version with the help of HackinDROM 2.1.7)
AppleVTD enabled
Intel WiFi builtin

I wanted to upgrade to Opencore 9.3 - so I:
Upgraded HackinDROM to 2.1.8
Started HackinDROM and with it - updated Opencore + kext's to version 9.3
Rebooted
It booted to the login screen, but after 2 seconds it just froze.

Then I reinstalled my old Opencore 9.2 and downgraded HackinDROM to 2.1.7
And then again tried to update to Opencore 9.3 - but again

I can't seem to get Opencore 9.3 working...

(I can provide the panic file generated by macOS after rebooting, but I don't know if it's allowed or what info to exclude)

Last edited:
It booted to the login screen, but after 2 seconds it.

It booted to the login screen, but after 2 seconds it.

Hi there.

Info missing - "...but after 2 seconds it" ... it did what?

Let us know. :)

Hi there.

Info missing - "...but after 2 seconds it" ... it did what?

Let us know. :)
Sorry about that - I also corrected the original post:

Back