Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + i5-10400 + AMD RX 580

I did the change in OpenCore Configurator. It does see the card now though Internet is not working.

Attaching a few screen shots with DHCP auto and with manual settings (in manual though it says connected, it is not working on the Internet).

The switch it is connected is 1GB so it negotiates auto at 1GB I don't expect that to be the problem.

Thank you.
This most likely means AppleVTD is not enabled. Please see this post for instructions on enabling it:

This most likely means AppleVTD is not enabled. Please see this post for instructions on enabling it:

I followed the instructions as follows:

Steps:

• BIOS --> Enable VT-d
went in bios and confirmed vt-d is enabled
  • OpenCore --> Uncheck DisableIoMapper from Kernel Quirks
unchecked attaching screen shoot
  • OpenCore --> Remove dart=0 from boot-args if it exists
found this at NVRAM -->> UUID ... ->>> boot-args and removed "dart=0" attaching screen shot
  • OpenCore --> Add SSDT-DMAR.aml (attached) to ACPI --> Add section as shown
I did confirmed this is available though I do not understand --> Add section and if I need to do anything else (attaching screen shot)
  • OpenCore --> Delete DMAR from ACPI --> Delete section as shown
not sure what do delete here, attaching screen shot of ACPI (also attaching one photo of the delete section)
  • Reboot

The Ethernet card is working now. One thing I observed though, the one used before (1GB) is not.

When you have a moment, can you confirm I installed in the correct PCIe slot? Attaching a photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 3.16.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 3.16.03 PM.png
    704.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 3.16.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 3.16.20 PM.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 3.17.06 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 3.17.06 PM.png
    433.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20221211_153135.jpg
    20221211_153135.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 3.57.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-11 at 3.57.08 PM.png
    377.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I followed the instructions as follows:

Steps:

• BIOS --> Enable VT-d
went in bios and confirmed vt-d is enabled
  • OpenCore --> Uncheck DisableIoMapper from Kernel Quirks
unchecked attaching screen shoot
  • OpenCore --> Remove dart=0 from boot-args if it exists
found this at NVRAM -->> UUID ... ->>> boot-args and removed "dart=0" attaching screen shot
  • OpenCore --> Add SSDT-DMAR.aml (attached) to ACPI --> Add section as shown
I did confirmed this is available though I do not understand --> Add section and if I need to do anything else (attaching screen shot)
  • OpenCore --> Delete DMAR from ACPI --> Delete section as shown
not sure what do delete here, attaching screen shot of ACPI (also attaching one photo of the delete section)
  • Reboot

The Ethernet card is working now. One thing I observed though, the one used before (1GB) is not.

When you have a moment, can you confirm I installed in the correct PCIe slot? Attaching a photo.
The last screenshot (ACPI --> Delete section) is incorrect. It must look exactly like it does in the AppleVTD guide. In other words, it must look like this:
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 4.41.12 AM.png

The last screenshot (ACPI --> Delete section) is incorrect. It must look exactly like it does in the AppleVTD guide. In other words, it must look like this:
View attachment 559774
I guess I am not sure how to accomplish that

Do I have to add that line item? how do I go about it?

I guess I am not sure how to accomplish that

Do I have to add that line item? how do I go about it?
Yes we need to add that line. See the little + at the bottom right of the OpenCore Configurator window? Click that to insert a new row, then copy what you see in the screenshot.

Yes we need to add that line. See the little + at the bottom right of the OpenCore Configurator window? Click that to insert a new row, then copy what you see in the screenshot.
Thank you. I did that, and now all network ports work. Thank you very much!

So far so good.

Would someone be able to advise on how to get rid of this boot errors?

Attaching photo.

Attachments

• 20221211_135608.jpg
    20221211_135608.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 34
So far so good.

Would someone be able to advise on how to get rid of this boot errors?

Attaching photo.
I believe you upgraded OC. Well, if it's the case, look inside of "OLD_EFI" folder, extract config.plist and put it back on EFi-OC folder.

I believe you upgraded OC. Well, if it's the case, look inside of "OLD_EFI" folder, extract config.plist and put it back on EFi-OC folder.
Yes, I did upgrade OC to latest version, and I think the message came after. So restore config.plist and make the changes again necessary for the new 10GB card?

Yes, I did upgrade OC to latest version, and I think the message came after. So restore config.plist and make the changes again necessary for the new 10GB card?
Just restore config.plist, and make the changes again necessary for the new 10GB card. Then restart.

Last edited:
Back